Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MOT Hybrid Icon Plus 2014

Sofia

MOT done on 21/1/17 by previous owner has this statement written on it.

What does this mean? The toyota dealer didn't mention this when I purchased and I didn't check the service history or MOTs.

Mot.png

If I am not mistaken it is something that doesn’t affect your view and it is small enough to escape a failure criteria. They still have to make note of it.

It is also the something that is the individual person doing the test, has noted. You might get the next mot and it doesn’t get noted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot.....Anthony!

The first owner a female teacher, got it on PCP and had 24500 milage on it when I bought it from same toyota dealer on 4th July 2014.

The allowable damage is as follows:

Windscreen chips or cracks: the maximum damage size is 10mm in the drivers’ line of vision (a vertical strip 290mm wide centred on the steering wheel), 40mm elsewhere in the rest of the area swept by the Wiper Blades.

So the damage to your screen must be outside of the driver's line of vision.

My Aygo has a similar remark on it's last MOT, but mine is literally a 1mm chip within the driver's line of vision. Not safety related, but I still notice it in certain conditions, mostly during rain and the wiper has just swept the area.

If you've not noticed it whilst you're driving, then it must be fairly small. Be warned though, once you do spot it, you'll notice it more often coz you know it's there lol.

Thanks. Frosty  and  David.

Sofia Hi, Rather than worry yourself, check with your Insurance Company and ask if you have Windscreen damage protection. If it's a chip they will probably organise a 'Chip repair' for you at zero cost.  :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links