Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Carpet in Boot

loistaylor

Hi guys,

Recently I left a bottle of all purpose cleaner in my boot and it leaked onto the carpet and now it smells very strongly of damp, so much so that I can no longer smell new air freshners that I put in the car. Just wondering if anybody knows if you can buy a new carpet for the boot?

I've taken it out the car for now but I don't want to have to bin it knowing I can't get a replacement. I've shampoo'd it hundreds of times and sprayed it with vinegar, vodka, etc. You name it, I've tried it! Trying to get rid of the smell myself is no longer an option. I thought about getting a rubber boot mat and using that in place of the carpet, but I'd prefer to still have the carpet to keep it original.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Lois and welcome to the board. :smile:

Personally, I think that you've done as much as you can with the carpet and it's time for a change.

If it was me, I would buy a roll of this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Carpet-Floor-Lining-Shelf/dp/B00ZA5VIRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500852417&sr=8-1&keywords=car+carpet

Use your original boot carpet as a template and with a decent pair of scissors will get you a new boot floor.....Also with the extra thickness of the new roll, it might make your Aygo a tiny bit quieter....I've used extra "Sound deadening" carpet in mine and it does make a difference.

I hope that helps......It's cheaper than vodka:wink:

All the best:smile:

On 7/24/2017 at 1:49 AM, fordulike said:

If you'd rather go for a replacement, there's this one on eBay:

Sakura Carpet Boot Mat for Toyota Aygo to 2013

Once you have bought that, buy a genuine boot liner to stop it ever happening again.

eBay item number:  253003444219

I have had one in both my aygos. I have had milk split once, and regularly put my sons wet pushchair in the boot.. we also go to the beach alot and get sand in there from our stuff. Its a great item, you just lift it out carefully, and pour it out / wipe it off.

Stu

13 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

Once you have bought that, buy a genuine boot liner to stop it ever happening again.

ebay item number:  253003444219

I have had one in both my aygos. I have had milk split once, and regularly put my sons wet pushchair in the boot.. we also go to the beach alot and get sand in there from our stuff. Its a great item, you just lift it out carefully, and pour it out / wipe it off.

Stu

Great idea Stuart, gonna buy one myself to replace the blanket I've got in there. Spotted this one on eBay, which is a little cheaper and brand new.

TOYOTA AYGO 2005 - 2014 Tailored Boot tray liner car mat Heavy Duty

25 minutes ago, fordulike said:

Great idea Stuart, gonna buy one myself to replace the blanket I've got in there. Spotted this one on eBay, which is a little cheaper and brand new.

TOYOTA AYGO 2005 - 2014 Tailored Boot tray liner car mat Heavy Duty

David, not to put you off, I had that make in my last car, and my wifes.. its not the best quality or fit. my one was really out of shape, and never sat right in my bmw. If you can stretch to the OEM one it really is worth it. I have had it in 2 aygos and its ace.

Stu

• Like 1

Cheers for the suggestions guys! I'm a bit picky about getting another carpet which isn't from Mr. T because I don't want a new one not to match the rest of the interior carpet, but I suppose I could give it a go.

@AYGOSTU the boot liner has genuinely been on my wishlist for ages. I suppose this will be the thing to finally push me to get one, even if it is a tad too late hahaha

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links