Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lamber sensor

Cassie

Hi everyone I'm having a nightmare with my aurisT180 2.2 deisel. Check engine lights on and check VSC light. Diagnostics said fault code POO31. The garage said there are 2 sensors on the car and they've changed 1 but fAult still show in even after rseeing it. Is this right or is there 3. Where is bank 1 sensor 1 located ? 

after having a google bank 1 sensor is located in the exhaust manifold and bank 2 sensor is located by the catalitic convertor

Thank you. Is there only 2 of them

pretty certain there are only 2 on the Auris,did the garage use toyota parts as i have heard of issues with 3rd party sensors

Would it be worth chucking a tin of oxicat into the tank seeing if it helps as I think it's supposed to clean a lot post combustion like those sensors and cat converters etc. Read a lot of good reviews online and tried it myself and have noticed it helping my car but mine didn't have warning lights on

I did try that but it didn't work. Thanks though

I also Google searched info and also read every response to this post. If the fault returns after the sensors have been changed, there is a wiring fault - bad power supply for the heating circuit or bad ground.

I found this in my search - http://www.service-engine.com.ua/webroot/pdf/TOYOTA AVENSIS.pdf, then searched HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low and found the following (even thought the code is slightly different - https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p0037-obd-ii-trouble-code-ho2s-heater-control-circuit-low-bank-1-sensor-2-by-john-nelson

One paragraph states - "P0037 is only diagnosed with an OBD-II scanner. The mechanic must reset the OBD-II code and test drive the vehicle to see if the code returns. If it comes back, the mechanic should check both power and ground to the sensor including inspecting the wiring and sensor. Many of the problems on this code are wiring-related due to the heat of the exhaust." 

The next paragraph states the following - "Do not immediately replace the HO2S before checking all related wiring and the connector closely. The mechanic should ensure there is 12 volts to the sensor and the ground is good. Also, check both sides of the connector wiring to ensure the connector is good." The voltage may be different for your car.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Konrad C
Grammar correction

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links