Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Terraclean

Cooket3

I took my car to get diagnosed and they recommended a dpf removal or a teraclean type system. My car is 2.4 diesel auris 170bhp 08 reg, it has really bad mpg (See other posts) 1-2.2k revs car is bogged down then 100% boost after that. EGR has been cleaned (See more posts of mine)

Has anyone had a system teraclean/system flush or a dpf removal and does the car perform better? or any issues?

Thank You

Presumably the car is a 2.2 D4D.

There have been a couple of people whio have had their cars terracleaned, though can't comment on how well it worked.

As regards DPF removal see the following extract from https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-for-mot-to-test-for-diesel-particulate-filter

"Garages and testing stations will be required to check for a diesel particulate filter (DPF) in the inspection of the exhaust system as part of the MOT test (or annual test for heavy vehicles) from February 2014.

The vehicle will automatically fail the MOT test if the filter had been fitted as standard but is found to be no longer present.

The filter works by trapping solid particulate matter from exhaust gases. This type of filter has been in use for more than 20 years and helps meet European emission standards, improving air quality and health standards.

Some firms offer services to remove the filter, claiming it will improve the economy. But it is an offence to drive a vehicle that has been modified this way, as it will no longer meet the emissions standards the car achieved when it was approved for sale in the UK."

Hi Tony and Mike, I was curious about the product so I have sought the information and yes it works but it runs the risk of blocking the injectors as all the muck it shifts clogs the holes and usually new injectors are needed, it all depends on how much carbon is in there, the more carbon he greater the risk. Mike.

Get it cleaned and you need ECU reprogrammed to update the new life of the filter. Done on my Yaris and it works...

Thanks

My dad does MOT's and he says you cannot physically see if the dpf has been removed from the housing, this - PASS

If the whole DPF and DPF Housing or wherever it is kept has been removed = FAIL

What is done now is the DPF is removed from the housing via welding or something, and the housing in welded back once the DPF has been removed, the housing is then whole with no dpf

Does your car perform better, more power/torque and or mpg?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links