Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing the front end

Mackernw200

Hey guys I have a 98 corolla. It's got the bug eyes that I have a serious disliking too. I'm just wondering how much hassle would it be to change the front of the car (bonnet,bumper and lights ) ?

Suppose it depends if you found a scrapper with the same colour code as your car! Then really get a price and see if you can do it yourself. It's really only bolts n clips for the bonnet and bumper. Lights will be plug n play! All depends on how much you want to spend, like most things. 

I'm in the process of doing the same on my 02 Rolla T Sport to an facelift. Just finding the parts. But mine need spraying 😢

You would need to change the bonnet, front wings, bumper, lights. Then colour match it.

Then there's the possibility of the mounting points not being the same. This is Toyota afterall who have money to do these things properly. It's not like MG Rover who had to do the best they could with a tiny amount of money. 

If the bug eye look offends you that much (can't see why, it's a lot better implemented than the Ford Scorpio) then you could try and upgrade the headlights themselves. A chap where I work has a Subaru Impreza that was originally a bug eye, but he changed the lights to be a bit less buggy and a bit more mean. That would probably be a far easier and cost effective route.

• Like 1