Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turning off reversing beep

npnicholson

I've just purchased a 2015 Auris hybrid and when I asked about turning off the persistent reversing beep, was told it was no longer possible. From another forum entry from 2015 it was reported that a solution was being worked on. I'm hoping that 2 years later the solution is now available? Is that the case, and if so what is it?

Toyota released a technical service bulletin to address this issue:

Ref: BE-0057T-0617

Subject: Reverse buzzer setting change via external patch

Models: AURIS

Model codes: ZWE186

INTRODUCTION: This Technical Service Bulletin is to inform you that in order to change the configuration setting of the reverse buzzer on MY16 Auris an additional designated application has to be use.

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON: Some dealers may experience and report under certain circumstances, the main body ECU logic for switching the configuration of the reverse buzzer from intermittent tone to single tone cannot be done using the regular method via Techstream. In consequence this bulletin will provide you an external application that will allow you to perform the modification of this setting.

PRODUCTION CHANGE : Not applicable, field fix only.

Go back to your dealer give them the reference above and tell them to pay attention to the bulletins Toyota send them

• Like 1

Many thanks for the feedback. I've passed it on to the dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links