Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HID Kit

conman33158

Hi guys, I was going to buy a decent HID kit for my Auris. I know all about the MOT problems these can cause, especially here in Northern Ireland as we use actual government run test centres which can be a real pain, but any car I've owned I've always swapped out the bulbs back to the standard before the MOT test and then put the HID's back in once passed.

Anyway, just wondering does this car need the smart canbus type or not and does this model use a bulb checking system and would it be save to run LED in the side lights and fog lights without them turning into disco lights like it did in my old Vectra....lol?

My car is a 2008 Auris 2.0 D4D (ADE15)

Cheers. Joe

I run LEDs in my side light no flickering 

Definitely no pulse like my vectra lol

I run LED dipped beam as well now but we have no issue with that at MOT in England due to the way the rules are written.

But all my lights are LED. 

There's no stupid Canbus like the Vectra Either.

Good stuff Ben, the Vectra was a major pain regarding lights. I even tried adding a heavier dummy load on the LED's and still had problems. I suppose it will do no harm to buy the Canbus HID lights anyway just in case, for the sake of a few quid extra at least I'll have peace of mind.

Just hoping the lights are easy got at on the Auris, on the Vectra I had to take the front bumper off and then each light in turn and all back on again. It got a bit tedious year after year...lol

P.S. Just out of curiosity, is the LED dipped beam any good? Is there much difference over stock and HID's?

No taking bumpers off 

I ran non canbus LED and HID in my auris no issue 

Now run purely LED ... Much prefer them over HID ... Easier to fit less messing about

I was just wondering about the light difference, obviously they would be better that the stock halogen bulbs but would the LED light be as good as HID light?

I'm seriously thinking about LED's now......, as you say, a lot less hassle.

Just as good as HID and a thousand times better than the poor excuse of headlight bulbs that come as factory ... When I replaced mine I was shocked to see osram written on the back of the factory bulbs 

Good stuff mate, I think I'll go searching for LED's now....lol. What about full beam, did you replace them with LED's or just leave as is?

I Second LEDs... Fits like a bulb no boxes or mad wiring. 

I got a full kit from a local firm 

Www.drs-cornwall.co.uk they don't have them on their website but I just dropped them a message on their social media page. 

received_10213359805736019.jpeg

Oh yeah that looks well...I think I'll go down the LED route. So do I need to look for low and high beam as well as side lights or just low beam? I'd have no problem replacing everything to be honest, I'm not getting any younger and sight isn't what it used to be....lol.

So the leds can just be put in as direct replacements to the h11 halogens? One in one out no messing about with other things?

Yeah mate, I'm just looking around online to see the best place for quality, don't want any of that cheap dirt....lol

I've managed to find the H11 dipped and 501 side light from here

A bit pricey for the 5th generation but I'd say it's worth it in the long run not having to replace any time soon. I think going for the HB3 high beam as well would be too expensive.

Yeah one in one out 

I paid £45 for sides,  dipped in led and uprated halogen in the main beam to match colour and was advised it's the best for main beams in our headlights because of the design. 

Yeah I was actually thinking about the headlight design as the dipped light is the projector type to contain splatter where as the full beam would be all over the place so this totally makes sense. I haven't ordered any yet, just looking around at the minute but I dare say I'll order within the next hour or so...lol:biggrin:

Does anyone know the correct fitting for 2008 Auris 2.0 D4D (ADE15)? I'm getting conflicting information from different sites. One site says the dipped beam is H11 and another is saying its 9006 HB4.

According to the owners manual dipped and fog lights are H11 and main beam is HB3, would this be about right guys?

This is why I ordered a kit from a place that runs a few Auris as company cars they knew and they supplied

There was conflict on different sites so didn't wanna spend money where I did that have to. 

I think I'll stick to what the owners manual says, no biggy as I'm sure I can send them back if they are the wrong ones. If I wasn't getting attacked by wasps outside I'd just go and take the light out and look....lol

When I got my kit 

It had a pair H11 of LED, a HB3 pair of lights for the main beam and a pair of 501 for the sides 

I've since got some DRL style lights for the fogs and done the main interior light 

A lot of this talk is way over my head lol. All I know is my 08 sr is h11 dips and I've had plenty of practice seeing them as I must have changed about 8 as past 3 years. Doesn't matter cheap or dear branded or not mine give up very quick. Doesn't happen with any other bulbs. So maybe if there's an issue I'd be wisest not to invest £45 on a set of leds in case it destroys them when I can get two or three h11s off fleabay for £10

£45 was for the 501 sidelights mate, the H11 LED dipped bulbs I'm looking at are £140 for the pair.....lol

Also with Halogens if one side goes you need to replace both because usually shortly after the other side goes.

Update

The full price for 1X H11 Dipped, 1X H11 Fog, 1X HB3 main beam and 501 side lights came to £443.79....lol. I think not:dry:

I'll just stick to 1 set of H11's and a set of 501's + £7.99 delivery at £132.71. Normal price would have been £163.89 but with their discount code brought it down. So that's me done buying for tonight....lol

Strike that, was just about to place the order but decided to check out reviews on Trustpilot and didn't look too hot, also there was only a mobile WhatsApp number to contact. I checked a few other things in regards to the company address and it's owners and wasn't impressed so I think I'll give them a miss.