Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kerb Weight - 2015 Aygo 1.0 vvt x-play

Auris2017

Hi,

I joined the TOC earlier today and this is my first 'cry for help'.

My wife and I are looking at buying a 2015 Aygo 1.0 vvt x-play for towing behind our motorhome on a trailer.  The owner manual states the kerb weight for a manual transmission car as being 840 - 910 kgs.

Understanding weights when towing is vital so, is there anyone out there who can (a) confidently say if the stated kerb weight includes a full tank of fuel or a % of a full tank and (b) possibly explain the reason for the 70 kgs range in the stated kerb weights).  

I look forward to a flood of replies ;-)

Regards

Bill

From my understanding of the way cars are weighted, the curb weight includes a 70kg driver and a full tank of fuel, or at least 90%. 

As the owners manual is a European publication, rather than UK-specific, I would suggest the kerb weight is as per the EU definition (currently 90% full tank and 75kg driver on-board).

The reason for the owners manual providing a kerb weight range (840-910kg) is that higher specced versions of the Aygo will be heavier (14 inch wheels/tyres on the X, 15 inch wheels/tyres on the X-play and above, some having steel wheels and some having alloy, some markets having a spacesaver spare wheel (which in UK models isn't standard), etc), 

A Toyota dealer may be able to provide a more exact kerb weight for the version you're considering.

Another member had an issue with using the Aygo as a towed car - see

Thank you 'Frosty Balls' and 'mickburkesnr' for your replies.  I suspected that the kerb weight would include a full or partially full fuel tank but didn't think an allowance for the driver would be included.  The local dealer couldn't give me Toyota's definition of kerb weight.  If we do buy the car we're looking at I'll have it weighed at the local weighbridge and let you know.

Frosty Balls referred to another member intending to tow an Aygo on an 'A Frame'.  We used to do this with a 2009 Aygo but didn't have the issue that 'geoffb63' appeared to be having with releasing his steering lock (perhaps he's sorted it by now) - different system back then I think.  Towing with an 'A Frame' is my preferred method but unfortunately it is a big grey area in Europe so we now put the car on a trailer (at least we know we are legal wherever we go).

Thanks again

Bill

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links