Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turning Off Speed Camera Notifications

Steve Whits

I want to turn off speed camera notifications and for the life of me can't find how to do it either in the manual or by searching this forum, can anyone help please. Auris Hybrid Icon 2015 pre facelift. 

Hi, I think you will find you need a computer with a certain program in it. If you don't know what you are doing you really need to go to a main dealer because you are going into the brain of the car and very easy to mess things up. Mike.

OK thanks I was hoping it was something that could be done in the sat nav menu. I want the reverse camera beep turning off as well so will get it done when that gets sorted.

Why are little things so frustrating to sort? :)

Hi Steve, another thing, you will be amazed how much money they charge for turning off 'bleeps' and from experience they won't turn off the beep if you are in the car, driving and not wearing a seat belt. I drive on a short private road and I still have to put my seat belt on, this also applies if you have say a case on the passenger seat the beeps start so you have to put that seat belt on and if you ignore it then it gets louder and more frequent and drives you mad! Mike.

7 minutes ago, Mike169 said:

Hi Steve, another thing, you will be amazed how much money they charge for turning off 'bleeps' and from experience they won't turn off the beep if you are in the car, driving and not wearing a seat belt. I drive on a short private road and I still have to put my seat belt on, this also applies if you have say a case on the passenger seat the beeps start so you have to put that seat belt on and if you ignore it then it gets louder and more frequent and drives you mad! Mike.

Yes as I've only just got the car I'm hoping the dealers I got it from will do it FOC (A suzuki dealers that also have a Lexus franchise).  If not my local Toyota dealership want to sell me a service plan so also have a bargaining tool there perhaps.

It's always worth bargaining. When I last had my collected and returned for a service by a Toyota main dealer it came back with a very small mark on a door so they sent round a touch in guy who said he won't 100% be able to do a repair that can't be seen. Since of course cars get stone chips and marks anyway it doesn't really show to be honest, anyway after talking to the manager, he did my last service (A small one) and MOT for free and next years service (The most expensive one) for free or he would of had to pay for the whole side of the car to be sprayed/painted, hundreds of pounds so I have effectively saved myself hundreds of pounds instead.......and I got it all in writing, lol. Mike.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links