Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Instrument cluster panel lighting

NickRG

Hi all, 

been working through some issues with my new IQ. Onto the last one :biggrin: 

The LEDs behind the speedo and rev counter on the instrument cluster do not light up. All other dash lights work fine, as do all other button LEDs, and all other instrument cluster functions. Some jiggery pokery suggests the fault is not in the instrument cluster itself (swapped out for another, same fault, although can't guarantee the other was fault free). 

Assuming this is a wiring or a connector fault. 

Does anyone know which connector pin(s) might supply the instrument cluster panel lighting? Or has taken apart the instrument cluster successfully and have any other ideas. Makes night driving interesting thats for sure. 

Thanks in advance. 

N

Does the Air con display and buttons light up? What about the LCD display next to the main cluster?

Craig.

• Like 1

Have a look in the little fuse box under the dashboard, passenger side of the car. There is a small clip on panel and the fuse box is kind of behind that.

There is a 5 Amp fuse in there that is associated with the panel illumination but check them all while you are there. Most can be seen if they are still good without removing them from the box. A torch can be helpful as well.

Craig.

• Like 1

Wow - crikey - so there was a blown fuse that I hadn't spotted - embarrassing :blush:

The air con, LCD and other display buttons were all lit up - assumed that they would have been on the same circuit. Thankyou @craggle. Apologies for wasting some of your time! One fully working IQ now - woohoo. 

• Like 1

Not wasting my time at all. Happy to help and glad it was something simple. 

Have to wonder why it blew in the first place but glad it's working again. 

Craig. 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hi please can anyone share what number fuse it is for the dashboard lights. Unfortunately my IQ doesn’t seem to have a dimmer and at night I can’t see any lights on my Speedo or heater controls etc. However when I switch the A/C button the orange light does come on. 

Thank you 

Hi vmp63, the dimmer control works via the little stalk button that you press to change from the milometer, trip meter, mpg readout. I'm not at home to try but but I think you have to turn side lights on and then press the mode button until some dashes ---- appear on screen. You then press to increase or decrease brightness. If your still stuck, I'll try and post a video of mine tomorrow. Hopefully this may help you.😊

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links