Do Not Sell My Personal Information

non Toyota tow bar, refusal to fit.

AvensisWales

Hi Guys,

I bought a new quality tow bar from indespension last week and fitted it to my 2012 Avensis. That car is now being replaced with a 2016 Avensis next week. I was looking to fit the the new tow bar fitted to my 2012 car onto the new 2016 car. I could do the work or Toyota. The tow bar will fit, I have checked with the manufacturer.

I have asked my main Toyota garage if they could fit new Toyota electrics onto the 2016 car after I've fitted the tow bar, or would they rather do the whole job using my tow bar. They have said no to any combination of work, stating it would void the warranty on the 2016 car.

They said the ONLY way to fit a tow bar to my 2016 car and keep the warranty was to fit their £600 full unit.

Is the above correct, or can I infact fit my tow bar, have Toyota fit the electrics and keep my warranty?

Thanks from any towing drivers :-)

Rob.

I would suggest that the new car warranty would continue to cover the car but not the installation of the towbar or towbar electrics (as these would be connected to a non-approved towbar).

It is down to the dealer themselves as to whether they want to do the work, and may refuse if they don't want involvement.