Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help with engine swap yaris

S1-crysis

Hi i hope some one can help me, I have been looking around all over the place and have spoke to a few mechanics but cant seem to get a straight answer my yaris is currently sat on a drive awaiting a donor engine as it decided to die :( but i cannot seem to find out if i will need to do anything with the ecu i.e. remap or replace with the ecu from the donor car and do not want to continue down the road of fixxing the car untill I can find out either way. the yaris is a 2004 model engine code 2SZ-FE and want to do a like for like swap to lessen the complications of the engine swap thanx josh :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josh

As far as I know if you swap and engine in the Yaris like for like it is only the engine you need as they all came of the production like together so just plug and play.

The parts for these are so cheap now its just worth a punt but if you have got a friendly mechanic who is willing to do it really I'd shot a bigger engine in there and get the lot engine/ ecu/ gearbox/drive shafts/hubs/brakes.

Just depends on how much you want to spend.

I have the same problem/thoughts with my 1.3 2sz-fe track car when the engine dies to I go crazy and chuck a 1.8Tsport motor in it???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links