Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery on Auris

rushy45

Hi, having been ill for few days my 2013 Auris 1.6 Auto would not start due to Battery being almost flat, it was 3 or 4 days, i had the same problem few months ago toyota said on checking it had had the update the bulitin about Battery losing power in connextion with hazard warning light problem, they just told me to give it a run.. does not seem to have fixed problem, dont like the fact that leaving my car a few days the Battery will be flat, is there a bigger alternative battery that might solve it.

If the Battery is good then fitting a higher capacity one wont make much difference. You should be able to leave it for a few weeks without issue. I would check, or have checked, the residual current draw when its left and locked. Sounds like there could be a lurking issue, particularly as there has been a bulletin for this issue on your car.

make sure the boot light is being turned off when the tailgate is closed.

As one of the first users with that problem your post just gave me a strong feeling of deja vu and I can really sympathise with you. Been there, done that, got the slipped disc(from climbing through the back of the car into the boot to get to the battery).

On 09/08/2017 at 7:11 PM, rushy45 said:

...toyota said on checking it had had the update the bulitin about battery losing power in connextion with hazard warning light problem, they just told me to give it a run..

If Toyota told me it was raining I would go outside to check first. I took the car in specially for the update, was told it had been installed, but 3 months later on the service I was told it had not been done. 

Accepted they checked, but did they interrogate the car computer or are they just relying on what their records are telling them.

2. Unlikely, but grasping at straws. It is common after a software update to have to restart the system. Don't know if it needs it, but as the processor continues to run after shutdown you could try a Battery disconnection to force a restart.

3. While it is still a bit early for the Battery to need replacement the bashing it got in its first year may have taken its toll. Before replacing it try disconnecting and using an intelligent charger in recovery mode.  N.B. It is not advisable to use it while the Battery is still connected to the car electrics.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links