Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What do you use to clean Yaris dashboard and windows?

Sofia

I want to keep dashboard and interior plastic clean as it gets dusty. I don't want to use any greasy or shiny product. I have allergies and I don't want any strong chemical because it is clean just gets a bit dusty.

What shall I use?

Any interior window glass cleaner product?

Something like Windolene (not the pink cream) or Mr Muscle window cleaner spray is as good as any for the windows -

35938011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=2d464c7a3d295479e0eb6ab997b4b961

As regards the dashboard something like ArmorAll dashboard wipes in matt finish should be OK - smell doesn't seem particularly strong -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Automotive/Armorall-35030EN-Dashboard-Wipes-Matt-Set-30/B001QM3710

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/interior-cleaning-vacuums/armor-all-car-dashboard-wipes-matt-finish-x-30

• Like 1

I use a product called Flash Dash - works pretty well on an '03 Yaris. Your 2014 Yaris shouldn't have any reactions to products (certain older cars can be a bit more sensitive to cleaning products).

As for glass, Windolene is a good shout - quick and easy to use.

Thanks for the replies.

I have got Armorall dash wipes matt finished. I got windoline as well.

I use Maguires Cockpit Cleaner (it's like a foam) and that is slightly shiny until it dries, but that does a good job. It doesn't stay shiny, and brings back the deep black appearance (I can't remember if it says Matt on it).

I also use it sparingly on the top of the dashboard where the sun shines just to be sure (I clean the door panels and front side of the dash first, then just wipe down the top with the now slightly damp cloth).

It has a slight smell, but leaving the doors open for a few minutes deals with the worst of it, and it dissipates after a day or so. It's not objectionable.

• 6 years later...

Be careful using household window cleaners on car windows. If your windows have tints, I would get a dedicated windows cleaner (without ammonia). If your windows are tinted and you are using a cleaner with ammonia, you can say goodbye to your tints. 

As for plastic trims, use something dedicated from any of the known brand and you will be fine.

I use the wife  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, inteli7 said:

If your windows are tinted and you are using a cleaner with ammonia, you can say goodbye to your tints. 

Depends whether the glass is actually privacy/tinted glass or standard glass with tinted film. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

I use the wife  😉

Oh my, did you make sure she's lint-free and fabric-safe?? :eek: :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huggies 100% water baby wipes

• Like 2

For the dashboard and interior plastic just a microfiber cloth dipped in lukewarm water.

Anything else I have tried made it more or less shiny 

• Like 1

I use Gtechniq G6 Perfect Glass cleaner for the windows, and supagard dash and door enhancer for the interior trim.

supagard.jpg

g6-perfect-glass-min.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul john said:

Huggies 100% water baby wipes

I’ve heard of this method but I’m afraid that my days of cleaning baby’s bottoms ended many decades ago.  Seriously, they are also supposed to be good for cleaning dirty marks off paintwork and alloy wheels but I haven’t tried them personally.

• Like 1

I found this video on you tube. I have used the method described a few times and the windscreen is always clean and totally streak free at the end. I just used a small amount of fairy liquid as dawn seems to be the American equivalent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJVUbZPnPXU

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Oh my, did you make sure she's lint-free and fabric-safe??

And if she has microfibres don't use fabric conditioner after washing her ...

🙂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jimota said:

I’ve heard of this method but I’m afraid that my days of cleaning baby’s bottoms ended many decades ago.  Seriously, they are also supposed to be good for cleaning dirty marks off paintwork and alloy wheels but I haven’t tried them personally.

The point being “chemical free” so no damage to the faux leather of the dash or steering wheel.

• Like 1

Water can accelerate natural leather drying out and hardening/cracking, so some sort of leather conditioner is recommended if that's all you're using. I'm not sure if faux vegan pleather is as affected though.

We know from covid time that alcohol is super bad - A lot of people had wrecked steering wheel covers due to excessive use of alcohol hand sanitisers being rubbed into them!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links