Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding sat nav to Touch 2

Serjan

Hi

New to the forum, try to find the topic but couldn't find.

I do have a 66 Yaris Icon Auto, which comes with the Touch 2 system.

I am considering adding the Nav function, so I found the hardware unit on eBay for about £250 (doesn't come with a GPS antenna).

For any of those who have the Go function build in, is it worth.

Secondly, how easy would it be to add the functionality (adding the unit itself shouldn't be a problem, but where does the receiver antenna go?)

I am open to any advise and suggestions, And if anyone has done it, Were there any additional costs other then the unit itself (eg. programming, additional hardware or software)

Thanks in advance.

I have the Touch 2 without Go. I think my best decision is to buy the top-of-the-range TomTom instead of upgrading the original unit.

Before you progress, check out the cost of updating the maps.

You can find the installation instructions on https://www.toyota-tech.eu

A Garmin/Tomtom will work out cheaper with more frequently updated maps but obviously isn't as neat.

I have touch and go sat nav built in Yaris, but can't help as I am not using it. I drive locally only.

It was calculating fastest routes and sending me towards dual carriage ways. Good thing is you can cancel out motorways. I didn't want to take those routes in my local area so I have switched it off. I have not driven on a motorway yet.

• 2 years later...

I have just purchased today the sat Nav unit fitted in 5 minutes everything came straight on even the satnav but it wont calculate any new destination or upgrade think I’ve done something wrong somewhere I don’t think it’s picking up a signal 

Ray zigzag5@blueyonder.co.uk

2707E85C-DD14-418B-AB8A-2E53C1F7F678.jpeg

3FA5FA6C-27D6-41C9-98B0-35AD0AF003F6.jpeg

F5E205AF-A581-4015-8EED-161237E0DE3B.jpeg

have you fitted the correct satnav module for the head unit (the original Touch?)?

do you have a gps antenna?

Serjan Hi, with the info supplied by 'Heidfirst' I fitted the 'Sat Nav' module to upgrade my wife's 'Touch 2 about 6 months ago.. It took me about 30 mins all in. You'll need the GPS Ariel and the 2 x mount brackets (usually in place) . Toyota will supply and fit for about £800, so like you I got an e-bay job and.Insistrd on getting the GPS Aerial, and connection cables. I can understand the Tom Tom thinking, nut not for me.I also registered it through 'My Toyota', so it shows up on car spec sheet.

• 1 year later...

Bomber could I pick your brains on the satnav getting a 2015 sport no nav seen a unit with mask and lead with one plug coming off it is that all I need ??

Thanks in advance

• 2 years later...
On 8/22/2019 at 4:14 PM, raysis2 said:

I have just purchased today the sat Nav unit fitted in 5 minutes everything came straight on even the satnav but it wont calculate any new destination or upgrade think I’ve done something wrong somewhere I don’t think it’s picking up a signal 

Ray zigzag5@blueyonder.co.uk

2707E85C-DD14-418B-AB8A-2E53C1F7F678.jpeg

3FA5FA6C-27D6-41C9-98B0-35AD0AF003F6.jpeg

F5E205AF-A581-4015-8EED-161237E0DE3B.jpeg

The usb plug needs to be in sat nav unit not radio.

Yesterday I found this video of adding sat nav to a Yaris mk4.

Has anyone else seen this?

What similarities does it seem to have with those that have it pre installed from the factory?

That is the factory sat nav it's just an add-on module it's not cheap either

13 minutes ago, flash22 said:

That is the factory sat nav it's just an add-on module it's not cheap either

Does this make the car have it's own sat nav and not depend on the android auto?

Could you please (guess) what adding this to the car mean for an every day case?

Am in a continuous search for the remote climate control function and that's how I got there accidentally. Not getting any closer also, all I have is the VIN numbers of my car and of one that does have remote but I have no clue how to find what "modules" are different...

remote climate doesn't need any addons you use the My T app to control it, but that depends on how your countrys Toyota importer has it set up it may only be enabled on some models

Does this make the car have it's own sat nav and not depend on the android auto? Yes

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

remote climate doesn't need any addons you use the My T app to control it, but that depends on how your countrys Toyota importer has it set up it may only be enabled on some models

Does this make the car have it's own sat nav and not depend on the android auto? Yes

I know the use of the app but I thought it would depend on some kind of a car part to enable it to start.

11 minutes ago, jimaros said:

I know the use of the app but I thought it would depend on some kind of a car part to enable it to start.

nope, its all done over the DCM and Can-bus fully electronic