Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering Height of Seat?

MRichards

I have a 2003 Yaris S which has no seat height adjustment. I'm around 6' so I sit quite high in the car and I want to sit lower in the car. 

What are my options? Is there any way to remove something from the current seat (spacers or something?) so seat sits lower in the car? I've considered swapping in a T Sport seat but I can't be sure if they will be any lower than my stock seat? Foamectomy is quite a common process to undergo for MX5 seats, but I'm not sure if it's possible on a Yaris seat (not seen anybody doing it on any forums)?

Thanks! :)

Hi Mat

On my blue Yaris track car which is a 2002 1.3sr the seats were no good at all, far too high and unsupportive even just driving quick on normal roads.

I removed all the front seats and replaced them with 2005 Impreza seats and with them being like a bucket and I asked the guy to mount them as low as possible, it worked fine but I'm only 5'7. it does now feel 100% better and for 100 for the 2 seats and 80 to fit it was worth a punt.