Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo seats (2014 Onwards) - drivers side replacement

Londonaygo

Hi all, 

First post. I've picked up a burn mark in my ago drivers seat (my own fault)! and am keen to get rid of it as it's on the drivers seat-back and really visible! (photo attached for reference)

Do you think that i could buy a new drivers seat from Toyota, or at least the upper section? I've read that smart repairs are not great in these hard-wearing areas and don't last, so not a route i'm keen to spend money on, i'd rather do it properly. Seat covers not an option either as it's only a stopgap. 

If anyone has any helpful suggestions/experience then i'm all ears! really am not pleased with myself but as i said, my own fault and if it costs, it costs. 

Thanks!

IMG_0936.JPG

The basic seat is the same across all versions - only the covers are different. Would have thought one could buy a replacement seat cover from Toyota rather than the complete seat.

ah ok - i assume then that the seat and foam backing are one and the same? I just assumed a new complete seat due to the stitching.

I think the used seat will be cheaper than the toyota cover

5 minutes ago, adalb1 said:

I think the used seat will be cheaper than the toyota cover

Bear in mind the seat has airbags in - so that may not necessarily be the case.

Thanks - i've checked eBay for used seats that match, and there are a couple of complete interior sets which are reasonably priced, but no single seats. They are also miles and miles away and i have nowhere to store if delivered, not to mention the fact that i probably could not fit them if they have airbags and the sort inside.

I'll phone my Toyota dealer on Monday morning and see what can be done and see If they can just order a replacement cover to go over the frame, and fit it as well (hopefully)!

i wouldn't be surprised if the cost of a seat cover would be in the region of £250

Hi James,

Ooh but that's annoying isn't it?  This might sound bonkers but if you can't hide it, why not make a feature of it?

How about buying a couple of these and ironing/sewing them onto both front seats, so that they will match up:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-Cars-Car-Marque-Logo-Iron-On-Patch-PICK-N-MIX-3C14-/131107504011?hash=item1e869dbf8b:g:pAMAAOxygPtS7PJS

I am sure that there are other patches that you could apply such as Peeping Monsters, Batman, Toyota Logos , Football Club badges or even a Surrey County logo.

OK, you might think that it's daft but for a quick fix (after a bit of thought) it might just look the part and could just save you a fortune.

It might be outside of the box but it might just give you another idea.

I hope that helps in some way and all the best with whatever you do. :smile:

the patches are very large for the area where you would like to place them

i think they would look ok high up in the middle of the seat but not at the side

they are 90mm x 35mm in size.

The patches were a good idea and I seriously considered it - but wasn't able to find anything I REALLY liked. 

Just to update - the car is going in  to Toyota later this week to get the affected upholstery replaced. It isn't cheap (eygo's price wasn't far off just for the part alone) but as this is a car I intend to keep for years to come and that I fully intend to look after (and make sure this doesn't happen again!) then I'm happy to pay it. 

Thank you everyone for your helpful comments - as a long time lurker on this board, I've now experienced first hand the helpful and friendly community that lives here - and look forward to contributing in future. 

Thanks!

• Like 1