Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing the struts on the front of my car.

matt1234

If I wanted to change my struts on the front of my car can I swap with other toyota cars to alter the height , I'm fairly new to this all so please don't shoot me down. Another questions if I was to change the struts would I have to change the coil to the right height of that strut if so why.

I know some models of Toyota might not be able to fit due to design but seen some that more than likely will .

From what I know the height of the car is determined by the height of the springs. Shocks make a difference, but it's ultimately the springs.

I don't know whether swapping springs from another car will work. You have the differences in weight to consider which will determine whether or not the springs are wider or taller etc, so you'd have to get new shockers and upper mounts, and that's if it fits.

If you want to lower the car you can buy lowering springs designed specifcally to your Corolla. It'd be the best option I think,

• Like 1