Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie_need help on 2 things

kt66

Hello a newbie here who has just bought a 2007 2.0 diesel T3 as a daily runaround - only 86000 miles with proper history which bodes well.... Only a few days in and it seems great, very comfortable, has quite a kick to it and very well built. 

1. I'm afraid I have the dreaded water ingress in the spare wheel. Looks like it's coming from the ns. I was planning on stripping the trim back a bit but from what I've read it's most likely to be the light?  If it is should I buy new seals (where's best?) or simply seal it with silicone and put the light cluster back in. 

2. I'd also like to add bluetooth functionality and see there's loads of eBay options for this. I admit recommendations on a plug and play that only require someone to be useful with a screwdriver e would be much appreciated... 

Thanks

Could be the rear light or the vents behind the rear bumper. Lights - either sealant our new seals. Vented - sealant.

As regards bluetooth, have a look at Connects2 or Xcarlink.

• Like 1

Can't answer the water leak/seal question but there are lots of options - Bluetooth/USB/memory card, via the rear CD changer 6+6 port - Parrot style bluetooth with Toyota SOT harness lead - change the audio unit to a stereo with bluetooth built in, plus the Toyota to ISO adapter cables. The choice is endless.

See my post on adding a Bluetooth/USB adapter - 

Here are some selections I would look at:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Bluetooth-USB-SD-AUX-MP3-WMA-Player-Interface-TOYOTA-Auris-Avensis-Corolla-/222408170523?hash=item33c88f5c1b:g:YmsAAOSwr~lYoW8n

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-USB-AUX-MP3-Interface-Toyota-Prius-Avensis-T22-T25-T27-hands-free/182379101893?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D45566%26meid%3D381d2331c44049f692742d48237e68f3%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D222408170523&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Corolla-Bluetooth-streaming-adapter-handsfree-calls-CTATYBT002-AUX-iPhone-/322459130349?epid=1137604928&hash=item4b140fd9ed:g:RDkAAOSw~otWg8Z5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-SD-AUX-MP3-Bluetooth-handsfree-speakerphone-carkit-Adapter-for-Toyota-/172752204745?hash=item2838d573c9:g:mpUAAOSwAO9ZU0-8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grom-Audio-Bluetooth-interface-for-Lexus-and-Toyota-/202020084888?hash=item2f0955dc98:g:p10AAOSwwVRZkG-V

All the options are plug and play using the original stereo. The steering controls work the music functions and call answering where possible. I am not keen on the FM transmitter types. 
Also if you want to remove the audio unit, here is a video i found - 

The radio options cost more and the steering interface cable and facia adapter, adds to the cost. I wanted reasonable quality without the expense and complications.   

• Like 1

Thanks so much for taking the time to do that - it's very impressive.

All of those options look decent - any particular recommendations ? - I quite like the first one actually.

How long do you reckon it would take to do it ? ( realistically for me ! - I presume the unit itself just sits in the glovebox and I'll just drill a small hole for the wires to go through ?

Thanks again

(Frosty) On the water issue I guess it's a ccase of try sealant first then new seals if that doesn't work ? ( cheaper and quicker) - just enough to seal around the light units I presume ??

Thanks very much

As regards the vents, the following gives some info on removal and resealing - 

- posts dated 24/01/12 and 12/01/16

With the lights you could try sealant to see if that works before buying new seals.

Managed, I think to sort the boot vent leak using windscreen sealant.... 

Tried silicone but just not heavy duty enough. Fingers crossed it hols and thanks to everyone who helped. 

before you go down the silicon the light up route make sure you dont have to remove the light

to change a bulb as the light will be a bugger to remove later on .

• Like 1

We had a 57 plate auris.  The rear light cluster off side was where they said on ours was leaking.  Changed under warranty,. Probably ask a dealer what the cost could be?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links