Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1zz parts on a 4zz

Wuhan

Hi John

My and my mate both did this on our 1.6's E12 & E11 face lift and it worked fine, it was the Throttle Body / injectors / inlet-manifold, got all new gaskets and seals from Toyota and give everything a good clean before installing and away we went, A great mod for not match money really.  

Make sure you get the correct throttle body as there is the cable activated and computer controlled one depending on year of your car.

Also sometimes the air hose from the TB to the air box is too small so I had to use a 1.8 Corolla verso one and my mate had a customer one made up.

• Like 1

..... My one-liner wasn't meant to be glib :unsure:

The chop-shop hitters over in the YoozofA seem to talk this language...

2sav

• 1 month later...
On 18/08/2017 at 11:14 AM, Ant182 said:

Hi John

My and my mate both did this on our 1.6's E12 & E11 face lift and it worked fine, it was the Throttle Body / injectors / inlet-manifold, got all new gaskets and seals from Toyota and give everything a good clean before installing and away we went, A great mod for not match money really.  

Make sure you get the correct throttle body as there is the cable activated and computer controlled one depending on year of your car.

Also sometimes the air hose from the TB to the air box is too small so I had to use a 1.8 Corolla verso one and my mate had a customer one made up.

Hi Ant, by any chance when performing the upgrade was the TB cable or electronically operated? Trying to find advice as I've performed the upgrade on a fly by wire TB but suffering from rev hunting and not too sure how to deal with it. Any advice is much appreciated

Now then Chris so on the cable cars it doesn't seem to do this hunting thing but on mine the fly by wire did the same this and I talked it through with my engine mapping guy and he said it's probably apart of the program that runs the tick over part doesn't recognise what we have done and can't learn the new mixture. When the engine is warm it will stop doing it but when it's cold it will. Nothing can be done unless you put stand alone management on it. 

Much appreciated Ant, I've been fishing all over the place for an answer what I've currently done is popped open the TB and found a screw which can close the butterfly. 

Apparently by closing the butterfly port on the cable operated TB fixed the rev hunt. I've taken the same approach. 

For some reason the screw has been sealed I believe this could be due to safeguarding the electricals. 

Pictures have been added of the location of the screw. I was able to access the screw by burning off the plastic/rubber surrounding. 

Now I haven't been able to test this solution yet but will provide an update and instructions if successful. If uncessful I'll go back in the mancave.  

Quick Q - Are you the dude that made the legendary rolla short shifter?

IMG-20170918-WA0006.thumb.jpeg.6092991b07e681379fcb6a0e549ca2ee.jpeg

IMG-20170919-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.9a55c43efdc20bee7946288c26a77039.jpeg

Hi Chris, sorry I am not that guy who did the short shifter. Hope that fix works for you, I never took mine that far as nobody else had come across this prob before. It's worth every penny this mod I also had a cat back system and a modified air box with a panel filter and got an extra 10bhp and more torque 👍 If you can strip the car out as much as comfortable and get some light weight alloys the car will be flying. Good Luck fella but any more questions just shout. 

• 2 years later...
On 8/18/2017 at 11:14 AM, Ant182 said:

Hi John

Hello i am doing this on my e11 4zz corolla and the throttle body and manifold are pushing against the radiator hose. How did you get around this? 
thanks 

• 2 years later...

i see that this thread hasnt been attended in a while but hopefully one of yall see this, when you put on the 1zz parts did you have to do a remap of the ecu or anything? or does it work straight after bolting on