Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker Upgrade?

RB_Flyer

Good Afternoon,

Nearly completed the purchase of a Yaris for my first car, Looking to upgrade the Speakers. I do not want head banging Speakers. Just good quality and abit of bass.

Can anyone recommend any Speakers and also where to get them fitted?

Many Thanks 

R

It's one of those things that you need to go somewhere and listen to the Speakers and find out what you like. People will have different ideas on what brand is best, and it's all dependent on budget too. Plus the head unit makes a difference to the sound, as well as the acoustics of the car.

So I think first you need to set a budget. You can then look at what you can afford. For what it's worth, I would avoid the Speakers Halfords sell. I don't think they're much cop. Personally I'm looking at Speakers for my Corolla and have been for a few weeks. I'm looking between Alpine, Kenwood and JVC. You could go Sony, but from what I read they're not very good either.

But it is all dependent on your tastes and your budget.

Fitting same size Speakers can be a fairly simple diy job if you are at all into that kind of thing.

Cannot say where you can get then fitted as you do not give your location, though just do a google for your local Car Audio or Auto  Electricians

Often difficult, but do try and listen to some, even if at Halfords.

Have used Pioneers for my same size upgrade, very please with them, and they do get consistantly good reviews.

I got the type that came with matching separate tweeters that I mounted on the interior  blank panels by the wing mirror; they really do lift the soundstage.

Often said the rear speaker are not really worth upgrading as the do not contribute that much.

Hi RB. You need to update your profile, stating what year/version of Yaris, engine and overall spec. Until then you will only get general answers which may or may not help. With your speaker options, I would take the other posters advice and add my own - check the speaker efficiency. Also make sure it is mounted properly.

I Googled 'Toyota Yaris Speakers' and this is one of the results - http://www.incaremporium.com/pioneer-toyota-yaris-front-door-speakers-pioneer-adapter-pods-p-1922.html

When I changed the blowing and falling apart Speakers on my old Avensis, I got JBL 6.5" Speakers and made my own spacer baffles. I tried mounting the Speakers on the innner metal door skin, but they sounded terrible. Once mounted on the baffles, the sound improvement was great. Also the speaker magnet is clear of the window glass. The Pioneers come with spacers, and you can buy them separately if not supplied with the speakers of your choice. 

Another feature you can add is USB/MP3 adapter to the CD changer port at the rear of the stereo. Depending on the year/model of the Yaris, early models have may have 5+7 socket, later cars will have 6+6 socket, and the latest cars won't need the adapter because USB will be fitted as standard. Some adapter have bluetooth function for phone and music playback. The best thing is that the music tracks can be changed via the steering wheel controls. That is something for you to look into if you are interested.    

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links