Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help to chose

Ray_Ray

Hi all I'm new to club. :) 

Im soon buying myself rav4 5dr 2004 or 2005 reg. Could somebody suggest something about engines like mpg,power,transmission,engine tuning.

As i have 2 options 1- 2004 D4D 2.0 manual and second one is  2005 4x4 2.0 petrol automatic. Im not scared of fuel prices as i am heavy on the foot :D but if its big difference then will go for diesel as much i like  petrol ;)

Would appreciate any kind of information.

OK...I'm biased...I do not like diesels (except in Trucks and Buses).,...so for me it would have to be the petrol version.

There always seems to be "issues" with diesels (DPF's etc)  but the petrol version seems to be pretty bulletproof with only the possibility of the odd Oxy sensor failing.

I doubt there is a massive difference in mpg....though I'm not sure about your comments about "I'm not scared of fuel prices as I'm heavy(?) on the foot".???

7 hours ago, RUToyota said:

There always seems to be "issues" with diesels (DPF's etc)  but the petrol version seems to be pretty bulletproof with only the possibility of the odd Oxy sensor failing.

a diesel of that age will not have a DPF & other than requiring a belt change at stipulated interval is pretty much bullet proof as it's a simpler engine in terms of the electrics that usually cause grief on older petrols.

On vehicles of that age (how do mileages compare?) I would be looking at condition & servicing records but of course I would also test drive.

Sorry for so late reply.

Milieages are goo n both like 111k both full leather and in great condition. Thinking to go with diesel one as petrolhaveonly 4-speed automatic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links