Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Browsing music on memory stick

COG95

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a memory stick (USB 3.0) to put all my music onto to play in the car. This is due to finding out that when I played music off my phone the sound quality was worse and I had to have the volume all the way up to max, whereas off a memory stick i actually get bass and volume can be much lower but the sound is just as loud and the quality as good.

However, when I go to the audio screen, then USB, then browse, it doesn't matter what selection I make (albums, artists, songs etc.) the next screen is always blank with the letters at the top greyed out so I cant select them.

My Dad has the same memory stick for his Auris sporting hybrid (2015, Icon+) and yet he is able to browse through the music on the memory stick. Both memory sticks have had no changes made to them, other than music being put on them. I have the Yaris 2014 (64 plate) Icon.

If anyone has got any ideas on how to enable the browsing, that would be awesome!

Thanks.

Hi Cameron, welcome to TOC :smile:

Do you both have the same generation of head unit (Touch v Touch 2 perhaps?)?

If they are the same generation are they running the same system software, perhaps there was an update that enabled it?

Is your music in the same format & file structure on the memory sticks?