Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Under carpet in rear compartment

Fionanz

Can someone please identify parts in photo..what are round parts, what are the hoses and cable for?..trying to sort out a leak..thankyou.

1504236380009298125156.jpg

1504236395112-528358844.jpg

I'm not familiar with your particular car, but the fuel tank probably lives under there, so it's probably fuel pipes and the electrics for the fuel gauge etc.

It looks like the carpet is water-marked along the LHS.  I've had a similar problem with an Avensis and a Ford Focus.  In both my cases, there are vents at each side of the boot, at bumper height (hidden behind the boot lining), and the foam/rubber seal was leaking.  The water is thrown up at the vent by the wheels while driving, and also runs down behind the bumper when raining,  thus entering the car.  Perhaps it's worth removing the LHS boot lining and checking?

Thankyou, run a check online and yes they are fuel tank related, so that rules them out as being the problem..vehicle has 2 drs and door at the back, think water was entering via a wire that ran to the roof for a navigation system, not entirely sure as system is in japanese, but have now removed wires..raining tonight so will check tomorrow if its solved... :-) thankyou for your reply. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links