Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OBD Code P0812 Reverse input circuit

mohoshin

Hi,

I have been having an issue lately where a red cog dashboard warning light comes on intermittently. The owners manual says it is an overheating clutch issue. I took the car to my local garage and the fault code came up as P0812 Reverse Input Circuit.

I am not sure exactly what this is and how easy it is easy to fix . The symptoms are that as soon as I put the car in reverse gear the symbol appears on the dash board until I switch the engine off and leave for some time. I have also noticed that the reverse sensor does not give me the double beep and parking sensor does not work when the warning symbol is on the dash.

Grateful if anyone can shed some light on this, if there is any long term problems I will face and how I can fix it.

Do your reverse lights work?

15 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Do your reverse lights work?

Hi Lee, Actually I just noticed the reverse lights dont work !

Any idea what that means ?

Sounds like a faulty reverse light switch 

I see,  thank you so much for your advice. I will order a reverse light switch and hope it does the job. Is it a job for a mechanic or something I can do  ?

i thought it maybe the reverse light switch but i have never known them to throw up an error code

i have had them fail in the past but only noticed when reversing at night.

Does anyone know where i can locate the reverse light switch? I can't find anything when i search on google