Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help anyone please

Shah01

Hi there, my first time in this forum. I have just bought my first Yaris 1.33 vvt i TR 2009. On the display sheet and the manufacturer equipment sheet, it said that the car came out of the factory with 15" 5 spoke alloys but the car doesn't have the alloys. Any one help me please? 

Welcome Mudassir, sounds like a previous owner has taken the alloys off? what have you got on now, are they same rims as the spare, ie. steel?

You don't say whether you bought the car from a garage.

If you did purchase from a garage, presumably the display sheet you refer to was a sheet the garage used to describe the car's specification?  

If you have a copy of the display sheet, then one would be best to seek the advice of someone like CAB, trading standards, or similar. If you don't have a copy of the display sheet, I would think one would be in a weaker position, as evidence may be lacking.

If the display sheet referred directly to that car, rather than generally describing the features of the TR spec, one may have some comeback.

The manufacturer's equipment sheet may describe the TR spec, but doesn't relate directly to that specific car, and manufacturer's spec sheets & brochures usually contain a disclaimer around the fact that specs may change without notice.

If the car was purchased from an individual, I would suggest there is little comeback.

Thanks both, I am buying the car from the main Toyota dealer. What I did was to ask the main dealer to provide me with the sheet with the car VIN on it and on that sheet, it's confirmed that the car came with the alloys rather than the steel wheels. 

I have emailed the main dealer to investigate this and asked for the alloys. I have attached the photo of the car as well

Do I have to involve Toyota UK at this stage?

Regards

IMG_1458.JPG

The contract will be between yourself and the dealer, rather than the manufacturer. If you're not satisfied with the initial response from the dealer, find out the name of the dealer principal of the site, and escalate your issue to them. This should be done in writing.

Also have a look at the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and how it relates to used cars  -   

Thanks, I have emailed them and if I am not satisfied with their response then I will put that in writing 

Regards

I reckon they'll say that you saw the car complete with it's wheels and decided to buy it.  You tried and tested it to your satisfaction so you'll get nowhere.

• Like 2

You may find that the wheels that you bought your car with, are actually standard spec on your car.

If you Google the car model and then click images, there are a few examples which show cars with those wheels. Link below:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-b&dcr=0&biw=1366&bih=669&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Yaris+1.33+vvt+i+TR+2009&oq=Yaris+1.33+vvt+i+TR+2009&gs_l=psy-ab.3...71530.72553.0.73064.5.5.0.0.0.0.313.672.3j1j0j1.5.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.135...0i30k1j0i5i30k1.bwWGPwFN7pM#imgrc=_

• Like 1

Have you actually collected the car yet or is it just a case of you having paid the deposit? I can see an identical car for sale on the Toyota used cars website (possibly the same car) and it does indeed list 5 spoke alloys in the spec, despite obviously having steel wheels. However, I doubt the dealer will actually fit a set of alloys for you, the best you will probably do is either a discount off the price to compensate for the lower spec or just a full refund and them take the car back.

In my experience most dealers will basically say 'That's the car were selling, with the wheels it came in with, take it or leave it....'.

The spec info will come from CAP, so the dealer pops the reg number in and the spec is displayed. This info can be wrong from time to time. If you have bought it, you had the opportunity to inspect what was on the car pre-purchase. Just as in the brochure of a car, you always see the message E&OE, errors and omissions excepted, you should always check the spec on any spec sheet and compare it to what you are actually buying. The spec sheet is an indication only

• Thanks 1

Thanks all, 

The dealer is not budging from its position. I now have a bigger issue, the car doesn't have a full Toyota history. They said they will do a full service to make sure that the car is up to the Toyota standard, which very conveniently turns out to be an interim service!! I am furious. I have only paid a deposit and the delivery would have been on Friday. How can they say that it only requires an interim service? Obviously next year, this car will need a full service which will come from my pocket rather than there's! Unbelievable people!!

Can someone please help me to inform me what is this interim service includes? Apart from some superficial checks and oil and a filter change?

If the car is only due an interim service then why would they give it a full service? They will not do a full service if it is not due, however, why not speak to the sales manager about it? I am sure a polite conversation face to face would make you feel better, if he wants the sale that badly I am sure he would do the service, if not, then the car is not for you and you could walk away. Talking to the dealer would be better for you rather than airing it on here surely?

The following page details what is covered during each of the services - intermediate, full and full+.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/servicing.json

Last year Toyota introduced a lower cost servicing regime for vehicles over 5 years old - Essential Care (featured on the same page above). Silver is equivalent to intermediate, and gold to full.

Servicing is due every 12 months or 10,00 miles, whichever occurs first. As to which service is due depends on whether the car has been serviced according to the time based regime or the mileage based regime - or a mixture of both.

thank you all, I have decided not to buy this car and asked for refund. He will call me tomorrow and refund my deposit. Back to the drawing board 

14 minutes ago, Shah01 said:

thank you all, I have decided not to buy this car and asked for refund. He will call me tomorrow and refund my deposit. Back to the drawing board 

Plenty more fish in the sea, I'm sure you'll come across the right one for you very soon.

Yeah, there are loads of petrol Yarisesusiese out there... it's just the Mk1 diesels that are the hard to find ones! :tongue: (Well, except in Scotland for some reason??)

It's always worth seeing a number of them before you even think about putting down a deposit tho', esp. if it's not a car you have driven before! Then you can get to know some of what's normal and what's not about them.

Going back to your original question, although the 'official' spec for that model does appear to include alloys, as fordulike mentions there are quite a few 2009 TR spec Yaris around with steel wheels and those same wheel trims. I wonder if the spec changed part way through a year? Alternatively perhaps it was a 'no cost option' to specify steel wheels? Some people do dislike alloys as they can be more prone to suffer kerbing damage for example.

Having perused Toyota Media's archive information for the Yaris, alloy wheels became standard on the Yaris TR from July 2009.

You are right, the alloys were standard from mid 2009. I have spotted another Yaris TR. this car is Apr 2010 registered and only 35700 on the clock. the dealer is prepared to do a full service (£295) and a new MOT. This car has no extra like reverse parking sensors nor sat Nav or cameras etc. But this is £270 cheaper. What do you guys think?

IMG_1479.JPG

Looks OK. As regards the sat nav, factory fit systems have expensive map updates, so you're probably better off buying a Garmin or similar with lifetime updates.

http://www.copcutt.co.uk/used-vehicles/details/43836643/2010-toyota-yaris-silver

Could check the MOT history which will provide some verification of the mileage - https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Bear in mind that for future servicing one can use Toyota's Essential Care scheme as the car is over five years old - around £100 for a silver (intermediate) service and around £180 for a gold (full). 

You don't mention the cost of the car but in relation to the other one, it's a little newer for a little less money.  You don't get nav or sensors (but unless I missed it you didn't say the first one had them either), but you do get the alloys (looks much better with them IMHO), so on the face of it the deal seems ok, the mileage is ok and the car looks good.  If reverse sensors bother you they can be bought for about £20.

3 minutes ago, alan333 said:

You don't mention the cost of the car

£4,490

Thank you all, 

the previous car had the sensors and protection pack. However, it doesn't bother me. It's a small car and parking is not a big thing. 

Its a newer car and looks ok. With a service, new MOT and one year warranty, it's ok. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links