Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help anyone please

Shah01

Sounds expensive to me.  A quick auto trader search throws up 12 plates for about that price.

You are right but the mileage, age, dealer non dealer, dealer service history and non dealer history. Extended warranty AA cover etc all come into play, 

this car is for my son. I just want a complete peace of mind. 

Thank you all. I will update you once I take the delivery on Friday 

So folks,

I took the delivery of my Yaris

good ride over all,

main issues are as follows 

1. The steering wheel is not straight. Please see below, this is on the motorway in straight line

2. The rear passenger alloy has a big scratch.

3. Windscreen has scratches as well.  

I have emailed the dealer but they are not as quick to come back now that I have the car!!

any help or advice would be hugely appreciated 

IMG_1481.JPG

Regards issue #1. The car's probably had the front tracking done at some stage, and the equipment operator didn't straighten the steering wheel before adjusting the track rod ends.

A full four wheel alignment should sort that out. How come you never noticed that on the test drive?

As regards the windscreen, it depends where the scratching is and how severe it is, as to whether it is a problem. If the scratches are heavy and within the drivers line of vision, it could be an MOT failure - eg. maximum damage size is 10mm in the drivers’ line of vision (a vertical strip 290mm wide centred on the steering wheel), 40mm elsewhere in the rest of the area swept by the Wiper Blades.

Could investigate whether a glass repairer could reduce the effect of the scratches by polishing or filling.

Regarding the steering wheel not straight - I had similar with an Avensis a while ago.  It had new (cheapo) front tyres fitted for it's MOT just before I bought it and the steering wheel was a bit off.  I adjusted the tracking to centre it.  However, the crap tyres were road noisy so after a while I replaced them with good quality tyres... and the steering wheel was now off-centre the same amount the opposite way.  ie if I hadn't adjusted (or mal-adjusted?) the tracking it would now be straight.

If yours has new front tyres I suggest you swap them to the back and see if your steering becomes centred before you adjust anything.

Regarding the scratch on the alloy - if the dealer won't do anything about it then paint some clear nail varnish or lacquer over it to stop it spreading.

Thank you all,

I think the tyres have been changed to a cheaper one as the dealer confirmed that 2016, the car had continentals. Now it has some rubber called Constancy LY688. I have never heard this brand. The dealer said he can't authorise the allingement but if I go to him, he is willing to do the job and get it sorted. 

I think they changed the front wheels to the back because the scratch may have occurred when that wheel was on the front. But I can't say it for sure. 

The scratches on the windscreen are very thin lines like someone had to scrap the ice and scratch the screen in the process. I  think it will come off with a buff but I don't know who to go to for that

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links