Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need help with 2007 cruise control

furtula

Hello all,

I have recently acquired a 1.6 gasoline version of Auris, it was imported from Germany, so the whole instruction thing is on German, and it's not really helpfull :/

Can someone please explain the purpose of this light? I have the same symbol on the steering wheel, i thought you just press it, and it just keeps that constant speed?

Anyway it's not doing that thing, so that's why i'm here :)

cruise-control-icon.jpg

The cruise control setup, which is behind the wheel works fine, but if i press the button while it's on, it deactives it, and the light above shines, and vice versa.

Can someone please shed some light on the purpose of it?

DSC00180.jpg

Thanks

The button on the end of the cruise lever turns cruise on or off. If one presses the button once, the cruise indicator light comes on. Accelerate or decelerate to the desired speed, and push the lever down to set the cruise speed. 

One can brake or accelerate below or above the cruise speed - to resume the cruise speed press the lever up.

Yeah, that part i have figured out, i have been using it and it works fine, adjusts speed up, down etc.

The question actually is, what's the point of the button on the steering wheel  which has same symbol as 1st picture? I press it, nothing happens, car still slows down.

But if cruise control is on, pressing the button deactivates it.

OK - that isn't cruise control, it is the speed limiter switch, which enables one to set a maximum speed for the vehicle.

Handy for instances of road works with average speed cameras' etc.

• Thanks 1

Got it, i'll also check the download links when i get home. Thank you both.

The electronic owners manuals available from MyToyota (the link Konrad mentioned above), only go back five years.

However if one chooses to perform a generic search and input the following info -

1. model - Auris

2. year of manufacture - 2012

3. language - English

4. month of manufacture - October

- one should be able to download the final first generation Auris (2007-2012) owners manual. 

Whilst some of the information won't apply to the 2007 model, a lot of the information will.

With the five year window I mentioned above, this manual will probably be deleted later this year.

13 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The electronic owners manuals available from MyToyota (the link Konrad mentioned above), only go back five years.

However if one chooses to perform a generic search and input the following info -

1. model - Auris

2. year of manufacture - 2012

3. language - English

4. month of manufacture - October

- one should be able to download the final first generation Auris (2007-2012) owners manual. 

Whilst some of the information won't apply to the 2007 model, a lot of the information will.

With the five year window I mentioned above, this manual will probably be deleted later this year.

Oops I forgot the age of the car, but most of the instructions may apply. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links