Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Horrible creaking sound turning right

Ben93

Hi.  On my toyota corolla d4d 06 plate it's always been creaky when people get in and out the car since I bought it 6 months ago or so.  But it's just started to make a really horrible creak when turning right I can't hear it when driving but when I parralel Park it sounds like a loud metallic creak similar to suspension when you push a car down and bounce it but much louder.  It does it when steering right then when steering back straight.  I think it makes a small noise steering left but not really noticable

Duplicate post deleted - moved to the Corolla club.

Hi,

The noise from the Front or the Back of the car ?

My thoughts would be a suspension joint rather than drivetrain.

Could be a shock or spring / mounting points, loose bolts or nuts.

What happens if you press down on each corner of the car, can you locate it to one area.

It's from the front right of the car its really loud the cars also loud when I get in or out but the steering right is worse although I can't hear it when moving 

How much can you do yourself   ?

Can you get someone to sit on and off the drivers seat while you inspect underneath, eg wheels up on some sturdy car ramps,     NOT  on jacks.

Because rubber is used on most joints you cannot readily lubricate them ,  the problem could be more inside the metal joint.

As well as the obvious joints around the wheels/ dampers there are two bushes holding the antiroll bar hidden more towards the center; they are said they can  be a source of noise when corroded etc.

If its so easily reproduced it might be simpler to ask a garage to do such tests on their lifts.

Yeah I've booked it in to get it looked at hopefully just some rubbers to be replaced and a grease up don't want to fork out loads on a 2k car but the engine is sound so would be a shame only 75k miles 

It's the handbrake letting a little.  But one of my suspension coils is stuffed though 

DSC_1378.JPG

How much are they quoting for fitting a pair of new shocks or are you doing it yourself ?    Not that difficult though you need some spring compressors.

It's just the coil that's gone shocks OK going to change all the springs 

At that age, would always renew the shocks if you are renewing the springs, always as axle pairs.

Check that the little extra bits like bump stops and any rubbers are also replaced, they do not normally come with the new shocks.

You can get an idea from looking at the pics in pages 2 and 3 of Paddys thread

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/174991-paddy-the-corolla-1998-13-e11-3-door/?page=2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links