Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat.nav.rav4 (D4D)

Peter.R.

I have a 57 reg.rav4. D4D the sat. Nav only allows me to put part of a post code in  ? Why ? ......... I can only get to nearest point and not directly to a specific street ? Any ideas folks ?

That's how it works - 5 digits of post code IIRC. Just get used to looking up the exact lat and long of your destination and use that instead. Apart form anything else its more accurate than a full postcode, particularly in rural areas ...

11 hours ago, Peter.R. said:

I have a 57 reg.rav4. D4D the sat. Nav only allows me to put part of a post code in  ? Why ? ......... I can only get to nearest point and not directly to a specific street ? Any ideas folks ?

If its is a TNS700 then it is capable of full (6 digits) postcode input but may require a firmware upgrade for it (if I remember correctly from my 57 plate Avensis it came in something like 2009). What version disc is it running (the firmware updates are included in the map disc)?

Disc E1E Toyota east Europe 2016 _2017

Edited by Peter.R.
Wrong wording

On 08/09/2017 at 2:59 PM, philip42h said:

That's how it works - 5 digits of post code IIRC. Just get used to looking up the exact lat and long of your destination and use that instead. Apart form anything else its more accurate than a full postcode, particularly in rural areas ...

Many thanks

1 hour ago, Peter.R. said:

Disc E1E Toyota east Europe 2016 _2017

I am surprised that the UK is on an East Europe disc. Is this a legit disc direct from Toyota or did you buy it via eBay etc.? The latter are almost invariably counterfeit (the encryption system was cracked years ago) so possibly may not have the firmware updates embedded that the genuine discs did. 

Can you confirm which head unit you have?

The disc appears legitimate it has proper printed label on actual disc and came with the vehicle....It does show U.K. on the map etc.

The counterfeits these days are of a very high standard.

All I can say is that the TNS700 in my 57 plate was definitely capable of 6- fig Postcode input after a firmware update which came with a mapping update disc. I sold that car in late 2012 & the disc was a year or 2 old then.

How many figs can you input into yours?

Thanks heidfirst it only allows 5 digits in the post code....I will learn to live with it still got my portable garmen.?.(defeats the object I suppose ?)

Peter