Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV Hybrid

Jagst

Hi, not been on the forum for a while as the Rav is so good. Thinking about buying the RAV Hybrid can anyone give me their experiences of them.

• 1 month later...

RAV 4 Hybrid?  Best car I have ever bought. 

Purchased in August 2016 from RRG Rochdale and it is a really pleasure to drive.  I have fitted a number of after-market bells and whistles and I would be pleased to answer any specific questions that you may have. 

Hopefully the snapshot helps show the vehicle.  

Regards,

Graham

IMG_2873.JPG

Hi Alex

I got a new Rav4 Hybrid 4WD last year. The eCVT gearbox is a dream with great linear acceleration. The majority of driving is done on 60 and 70 MPH A roads and motorways, very little town driving. I am getting an average of 42 MPG, brimming the tank at every fill and noting the mileage then entering into a spreadsheet.

Hi, thanks for the replies. We changed my wife's car in September for the Rav Hybrid. We have had 3 Ravs as the everyday cars , as my car only comes out for safe car parks!!! I must say the Hybrid is really nice to drive and quite quick when required. Don't mind the CVT gearbox, pity to lose some space in the boot, and you can feel the extra weight in the corners. Overall pleased with the change from the 2.2 diesel to the hybrid. Just hope reliability is as good as previous Ravs, but judging by the large population of Prius's in London it is not a problem.

I have the AWD Rav and it is lovely, we tow with ours as well, and tow a 1500kg caravan with no problems at all.

Surprised with the MPG to be honest, as you don't normally get near that quoted in the Brochure, but we are. (Except when towing when we get around 25 which is very good).

I'm considering one of these if I change my 2012 avensis tourer. look lovely in higher spec and still got a big boot.  why no electronic handbrake though thats old school these days  and even old avensis had electronic one

I think that you must be the first person on here lamenting the lack of an EPB ...

It's probably due to when the original design was done & next generation will shift to EPB.

EPB saves space & weight but is a lot more expensive to fix if it goes wrong (plus there is always a slight delay in operation compared to a manual).

When I got avensis I was unsure of EPB but it's been absolutely brilliant. Stop turn off ignition and brake goes on. Accelerate and brake goes off on it's on much less manual intervention. Can't see why someone would want to use old fashioned lever now 

When I park in the garage I don't apply the handbrake, I assume that's not possible with an EPB.

3 hours ago, giffardo said:

Accelerate and brake goes off on it's on much less manual intervention.

That will increase disc/pad wear compared to manually releasing.

2 hours ago, andyfr said:

When I park in the garage I don't apply the handbrake, I assume that's not possible with an EPB.

Not on a current Avensis (it was on early T27s> ~2011).

I am from Hungary, got my rav4h a few weeks ago. Brilliant, good to drive and very comfortable! What are you interested in particularly?