Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 tweeter not working

xzirri

Back with a new post here!

So my right hand front tweeter has been quiet since the day I picked up the car. I've heard about the fragile wiring in these tweeters so I got a couple of used tweeters. Plugged them in and it's still not making any sound. The woofer behind the door panel works though, and I've tested the tweeter by plugging it in on the left side. Works great. This leaves me with the thought that the wiring is bad somewhere along the line. As I've understood, the pink and purple wires are for the tweeter, am I right? Any particular place these wires could have gotten disconnected? I know it's not the head unit, as I've changed the original one for an aftermarket Alpine.

Also, am I correct in stating that the crossover is located inside the tweeter assembly? If not, does anyone know where it is located?

It's not a major issue and I might be putting in aftermarket Speakers and amp next year anyways. Had some Infinity Kappa coax Speakers in my old ride, which makes the original component system fitted in this car seem sluggish. Just wondering if it's a quick fix.

Cheers, J

Found this wiring diagram and by the looks of it my woofer should not work if the wiring is bad. Hmm... This is really weird, could it be there is a bad connection inside the tweeter (on the three tweeters I tested) and it somehow was connected while plugged in on the other side?

IMG_5481.JPG

• 5 years later...

Hi friend,

What was the solution?
Ön my car there is only one tweeter working of 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links