Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel filter, any good

m456an

I looked at cheap car parts 4 less, they did not have any big names the one they had seemed Chinese after market. But then I found this on Amazon:

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Toyota_Avensis_1.8_2007/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/fuel-filter/?503820088&1&2eeff2cc0a5163dfe82ed24ec0bc8850c5b38c6d&000140

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Japanparts-FC-244S-Fuel-filter/dp/B00DZL2I0G/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1505464753&vehicle=111-1437-5002-17344-4-0&sr=1-4&keywords=fuel+filter

I did look at the OEM number of the japanparts filter at another site:

OEM-Number

Similar to OE numbers (only for comparison)

• TOYOTA (2330022040)
  • TOYOTA (2330022050)
  • TOYOTA (2330028010)

I used Online Car Parts and bought a Denso fuel filter for my Corolla. I think it cost about £5 more than the Japanparts one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mickburkesnr said:

I used Online Car Parts and bought a Denso fuel filter for my Corolla. I think it cost about £5 more than the Japanparts one.

I would prefer the best quality, they do not have den so but they have a cheaper and more expensive champion one at 16 pounds. I guess this will be better?

I wouldn't base it purely on cost. If you can I would get a Denso, Blue Print or Bosch filter. If you look around you'll definately get one of them. 

Have you tried Euro Car Parts and GSF Car Parts?

Euro has crosland only, gsf has one called item no. 121TO0240 which has no name.

Online car parts has Vaico and champion, oh dear...though Amazon has blue print is that OEM?

OK,  I am making order in 2 hours for blue print if nobody else can find anything else.

Your car a 1.8vvti?

Maybe it will be difficult to change....I did some looking on the net! Maybe I will return it. Anyway starter went yesterday extra 60 pounds to rac as I was only roadside, and 60 to change the starter motor.

Interesting I saw another 10 year old smaller Toyota there. Also a vauxhall at 11 hears old. Maybe it is the time when starter motors go. On the way to the garage had to get help twice to push car, grabbed a couple of guys walking past as it kept cutting off when I stop in neutral! Very busy 2 days...

I will probably leave the fuel filter alone, just do simple things like changing air filter and cleaning the air intake etc.

Yeah I believe the fuel filters in the tank on the petrol not like the diesel version which is in the engine bay. Do your regular checks like you said air oil filters oil.and if you can get your alternator refurbished as well 

• Thanks 1

I normally just use contact spray on Battery terminals, and alternator once a year. I will look into the refurbishment of the alternator, but my Ford focus Battery silver  calcium size 75 does fit and work in the car, I will keep the old Battery as a back up in the garage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links