Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beeping noise and loss of engine power

Sallyliz

My 2009 Aygo has developed a beeping noise there are no warning lights. The beeping starts whenever you put your foot to the accelerator even very gently. Also noticed that the engine seems to have lost a lot of power and really struggles to get up even a very slight slope. It has been suggested tg at its the transmission and not worth repairing any ideas? There's approx 67000 miles on the clock.

Get yourself a cheap ODB tool / scanner and see if there are any codes. The google the code - might lead you to a better idea of what could be wrong.

Could be a throttle position sensor just as an example. Mass airflow sensor. Basically there are various sensors on cars and if a sensor fails an ECU might not be able to tell between a failed sensor or a problem signal. It might be the ECU knows and want to tell you via a code. 

I've no idea where the beep is coming from. This is generic advice rather than aygo specific. 

Sorry, just noticed it's the Argo you have. You should be protected by the Goddess Hera ;)