Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 2012 Hybrid

Shah01

Dear all

I have decided to give my Toyota Yaris back to the dealer as the brakes were making grounding noises and the dealer was not prepared to change the brakes. I took my money back and now I have decided to have a Yaris Hybrid.

It is a 2013 reg on 62 plate. silver. 23280 miles on the clock. Full Toyota history, one owner. Apart Sat Nav, the car has everything. However, no Push start button. Price £8695. The dealer is TOYOTA Wolverhampton.

The car needs a service in Jan 18, but the deal is not done until the dealer gives me a voucher to get this service done in Jan next year. MOT will be completed before the delivery if the deal goes ahead. He will ring me tomorrow. 

Last MOT, the advisory was both "front disc worn, pitted or scored". I mentioned this to the dealer but he said that the service was also done at the same time, therefore, it would have been rectified. How can one tell?

I really need some help before I test drive and take deliver of this car.

any help would be hugely appreciated.

regards

Shah

Dear all
I have decided to give my Toyota Yaris back to the dealer as the brakes were making grounding noises and the dealer was not prepared to change the brakes. I took my money back and now I have decided to have a Yaris Hybrid.
It is a 2013 reg on 62 plate. silver. 23280 miles on the clock. Full Toyota history, one owner. Apart Sat Nav, the car has everything. However, no Push start button. Price £8695. The dealer is TOYOTA Wolverhampton.
The car needs a service in Jan 18, but the deal is not done until the dealer gives me a voucher to get this service done in Jan next year. MOT will be completed before the delivery if the deal goes ahead. He will ring me tomorrow. 
Last MOT, the advisory was both "front disc worn, pitted or scored". I mentioned this to the dealer but he said that the service was also done at the same time, therefore, it would have been rectified. How can one tell?
I really need some help before I test drive and take deliver of this car.
any help would be hugely appreciated.
regards
Shah

Hi,
It looks like I’m the first one to reply, personally I would take the test drive before you do anything else.
If this is your first hybrid, the car will be a bit different from what your used to.
Upon turning the key from cold the engine won’t fire up straight away while in park, if the hybrid Battery is too low then it will start and you will hear it as it revs while charging.
You might get a slight jolt, but that’s normal.

When you brake gently, you won’t be using the brakes, instead the electric motor. Until you press harder or your speed drops to under 10 mph.

When you get out of the car after the test drive, if you can see the brake discs through the wheels, if the discs are old/worn you might see a thick rusty outer edge when compared to the rest of the disc.

The pitting as mentioned in the advisory may be just on the surface and with a couple of times braking hard from motorway speeds will clean them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this very helpful reply. I will take this into consideration 

Well forks, Wolverhampton Toyota would not do any service before selling me the car because it's just over 3 months. Deal is off. 

But a Toyota Grimsby is now negotiating. Another hybrid Yaris

The deal is done. Fantastically helpful sales woman. £500 dealer contribution towards the new car. Delivery on Friday 

i will update you guys.