Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 headlamps - pre facelift to facelift?

xzirri

Spoke to Mr. T and they wouldn't replace my headlamps on goodwill, as the extended warranty was 9 years, and my car is 14 years old. I asked for the part number for the whole assembly and I got these numbers:

81130-05210

81170-05210

However, these are the parts numbers for the very first lamps, not the later revisions. According to this page, there were multiple revisions. 05211 from 10.2004 to 12.2005, 05212 from 12.2005 to 04.2006 and 05250 from 04.2006 to 06.2006. However, when l look up the last one on the web it looks like the facelift headlamps. Does this mean I have to get the 05212 headlamps? Am I even looking at the correct parts? According to the dealership I would have to fork over somewhere around £ 1200 for new headlamps

A friend of mine has a set of barely used facelift HID headlamps which I could get for cheap. However, this would require me to get the facelift front bumper and fog lamps, right? How off is the fitting for the facelift lamps on the pre facelift bumpers? Has anyone actually tried this before? Judging by the diagrams, I can't see any complications.

You can find the diagrams attached.

preflhl.png

flhl.png

preflbumper.png

flbumper.png

There was a guy on here done the same thing but it was a lot of work for doing the change.try HID kit or stronger bulbs have you checked the likes of eBay etc.

• Thanks 1

If you mean the full facelift change then yes, I’ve seen that thread. I have the original HID, problem is the reflectors are worn out/burnt. Swapping the entire bumper and headlamps with the facelift is an easy job, plug and play (maybe different connectors but that’s a matter of wire cutting and soldering. My main question is why everyone is saying the facelift lamps won’t fit. Is it a different shape or something? Mounting points seems to be exactly the same and the diagram above even shows the facelift lamps with the pre facelift bumper.

Found the post you were talking about:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/142074-facelifting-2004-avensis/?do=findComment&comment=1300931

Wiring shouldn’t be an issue really. However, the 10mm gap kinda ruins it... I might be able to fill the void with caulking but still, if it’s gonna make my car look like it’s been mended by a drunk ex-mechanic :laugh:

Yeah, that’s the thread I was talking about. This guy did a complete facelift though, I was wondering what issues I would run into with a facelift lamps/pre-facelift bumper combo. Kinda bummed out, can’t seem to find a facelift bumper in the correct colour for my car (6T1) at any breaker in Norway. I think the only way to go is to seek out someone who restore headlamps

I’ve heard getting second hand headlamps is a risky thing, as they are likely to have the same issue. Or did you mean buying reflectors myself?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links