Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blue Tooth Synced Music

RonBin

Yaris Icon 2014 Reg. When I click on bluetooth I can get a list of three pieces of music which are stored on my iPhone but when I try to play them, nothing happens. In addition, my phone works with blue tooth but is installed under my fives name, this was done by an Toyota engineer. I have tried and failed to install my wife's phone and change the name on mine all to no avail. Any suggestions as to how to rectify the phone situation and be able to listen to the music please??

ronbin

Yaris Icon 2014 Reg. When I click on Bluetooth I can get a list of three pieces of music which are stored on my IPhone but when I try to play them, nothing happens. In addition, my phone works with blue tooth but is installed under my fives name, this was done by an Toyota engineer. I have tried and failed to install my wife's phone and change the name on mine all to no avail. Any suggestions as to how to rectify the phone situation and be able to listen to the music please??
ronbin

Hi,
Is your car fitted with a touch, touch and go or newer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I tough the screen I can move from one object to another, I can change radio stations too but I am not aware whether its touch or touch and go sorry to say. Thanks for responding though.. Cheers

ronbin

Touch is the multimedia unit - eg radio, music from USB, etc.

Touch & Go is the same multimedia unit with the satnav module (Go) fitted. 

So if you have satellite navigation it will be Touch & Go - if no satellite navigation it will be Touch.

Thanks Frostyb...s, Don't have a satnav, guess it's'  'touch'. Been looking at the users manual but cant seem to make any sense of it but will persevere. Maybe I can't get music which is synced on my iPhone?

Cheers,

ronbin

Thanks Frostyb...s, Don't have a satnav, guess it's'  'touch'. Been looking at the users manual but cant seem to make any sense of it but will persevere. Maybe I can't get music which is synced on my IPhone?
Cheers,
ronbin

It should work, we used to have the music playing my phone and only changed to a usb drive as I am not the only driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play music off my iPad and iPhone via BT without problems.

Have you paired the device correctly? If so, then push the Settings button, and go to bluetooth. Under this menu, you should see the option for "List Paired Devices". Under this menu, you will see all your devices listed, with two icons next to each one. You should see the music symbol highlighted in BLUE for your iPhone.

If it is, then select bluetooth as audio source, and select some music on the iPhone to play it. You should hear it coming out of the car Speakers.

If you are trying to play music in a web browser or other app, then you need to ensure the iPhone is selected as PHONE source on the car (under Paired Devices, ensure the Phone icon is highlighted in BLUE). When you play audio through the web browser or an app, it should play on the car.

I did have a problem the other day (first time) where it appeared to be connected, but there was no communication between the car and the phone. Music didn't play anywhere, and the car did not show the currently playing track. I had to mess around switching BT and the car on/off to get it to work. It's fine again now. Not sure why it did what it did.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links