Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AUX input socket problem

drb5

Anyone had issues with their AUX input?

The system recognises that there is a cable plugged in, as I can select AUX going through the steering wheel mode button(AUX isn't selectable when no wire plugged in), but the music isn't going through to the car, only through the Speakers of my iPhone

Its a brand new cable and I tried another brand new cable, so that isn't the issue. 

Going through the fuses, there's none blown(not one for JUST the AUX anyways). 

Tried a test lamp and it doesn't appear to have power going to the switch and after taking it apart, there is no obvious problems with it. 

New AUX port switch?

I wouldn't expect the AUX to be powered, it's an input for sound from an external device.

Have you tried pushing the plug harder into the iPhone? The iPhone Speakers shouldn't produce sound if the cable is properly inserted.

Good luck !!

• Thanks 1

Cables have been moved about, pushed in hard, soft, at an angle and nothing changes. Test lamp has been used while all connected and nothing lights up. 

Another pre-owned AUX switch has been ordered, so hopefully that sorts it. 

Well I got another AUX switch and it's still not working. 

Without the cable in the switch, you can't select AUX and with the cable in the cable in the switch you CAN select AUX, but the music still plays from the phone Speakers and not through the car. 

So, does anyone have or know where I can get a wiring diagram for the centre console? I'll need to trace the wires back to see if there's a break in one, or even what fuse powers it. 

There is no fuse, it's not a powered socket. 

If the phone still plays when something is plugged in the problem is with the phone or the cable. It should stop as soon as a cable is plugged in. What iPhone have you got? If it's using the lightning connector they were made long after the iQ was so they may not be compatible. 
My iPhone 6S works fine on my iQ but you do need the correct cable as it's not a standard headphone socket in the iPhone 6, it has three bands on the connector, not the normal two.

Craig.

• Like 1

Thanks Craig. It's a 7 Plus and I've tried 2 different brand new cables.

Possible that there could be a software update then? Might be worth a call to my local Toyota dealer, for their thoughts on the subject. 

If you have the standard, fully concealed built in radio I doubt there is anything that can be done, it's a very basic unit behind the plastic trim. 

I gave up with the stereo in the end and made my own mount to fit a standard Pioneer DIN size radio with a USB socket in it. I just copy the music to a tiny USB stick and play them through that now. 

The Aux socket is only a standard 3.5mm stereo jack socket though so I'm a bit surprised if the lightning connector can't be made to work with it. 

Craig.

• Like 1

So I tried the old 3.5 to 3.5mm Belkin cable and Apple Lightning to 3.5mm adapter, which we have in the Insignia....and it works!

I then tried the Apple adapter with my new 3.5mm cable and that works too, so I just need to find another Apple adapter and all is well. 

:cool:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi just joined today

I use a Google Pixel 3 and have just bought a cable from Amazon tried it and it worked brilliantly with Spotify!

• 1 month later...

Have the same problem!! Sounds incredible 😁😁

Using huawei P10lite phone