Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High level brake light

kaliope

Hi Paul,

I've had my Aygo a few years now but that high level brake light has always been a cause for concern with many people.  Some have complained that the seal fails and water can get into the boot area....I know that you can buy a complete brake light and foam seal for about just over £30 (Call it 45 Euros), and for another....It has always seemed a bit strange to me that the rear window washer is built into it...Water and Electrics, they don't mix do they?

Ever since I bought my Aygo, I have washed and waxed it by hand and have paid special care to the brake light by building up the wax  (Auto Glym resin and extra hard) around the edge (against the bodywork) of it.  In my mind that helps the seal but it might be a problem if I ever need to replace it as, I guess by now, the light will be basically glued on with the amount of times that I've waxed it.

LEDs are supposed to last "almost forever" but in reality, they don't and I suppose that all multi LED lights (The same arrangement can be seen on other cars brake/driving lights) can have the problem of an odd bulb in the array going.

NIce video of Poland though....It looks like it rains as much as it does here in the North of England! :wink:

All the best!  :smile:

The bulbs in the third brake light are normal "501" type bulbs and are easily replaceable the procedure is shown in your owners manual

Now that you're saying, I just noticed one Peugeot 107 with only two (!!) of the leds functioning, while in traffic  :-)

16 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The bulbs in the third brake light are normal "501" type bulbs and are easily replaceable the procedure is shown in your owners manual

That's what I was thinking?!?!😵