Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

bottom hose clamp rusty

monkeydave

Hi David. If you went back to Honda can I ask what model you would go for with engine size etc as I want to look for a comparison guide Yaris 1.33vvti versus ********. Mike 

The Jazz is the Honda equivalent to the Yaris.

If looking at new, the Jazz is available with a 102bhp 1.3 engine, whereas the Yaris has a 111bhp 1.5 engine( a re-worked 1.33).

1 hour ago, Mike169 said:

Hi David. If you went back to Honda can I ask what model you would go for with engine size etc as I want to look for a comparison guide Yaris 1.33vvti versus ********. Mike 

prob go for the jazz as my yaris is 1.33 99 hp it would be the same,

i had an 04 plate 1.6 se civic and a 11 plate 1.2 jazz before

well i found where the noise is comming from and it is the belt tensioner,

Hi Dave, well in a way that is a good result rather than a loose timing chain and i'd imagine will be a simple warranty repair FOC, still a bit poor on such a new car though. Regards, Mike.

55 minutes ago, Mike169 said:

Hi Dave, well in a way that is a good result rather than a loose timing chain and i'd imagine will be a simple warranty repair FOC, still a bit poor on such a new car though. Regards, Mike.

it only makes noise for a few mins after startup and as they said they cant pinpont any problems with the car maybe they cant be bothered.

i doubt they will replace it as the noise goes away within a few mins.

i will see how it goes and then take it back when im next off work (hint:  dont take a problem in when you go in for a service as they just do the service and are not interested in the problem). they do like to sell you fuel treatment for £29 though lol

like you say at least it isnt the chain which is good and that is also what the head mechinic said when he heared the noise in the carpark (he didnt do the work as it wasnt his name on the invoice).

Hi Peter, I agree with you but what I do to help keep the fuel system clean is use the 'ultimate' or 'super' of whatever fuel you use, not all the time but say every 4th tankful or every other one, whatever you feel like doing, petrol or diesel to help keep the parts we can't really see in good condition. Mike.

wow no wonder they didnt want to change the puley on my yaris under warranty when you see the price, the "we cant pinpoint wher the noise is comming from" line covers themselves however short term thinking it may be

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/parts-results/Yaris/Belt-Pulley--Tensioner-Kits/180354

2 hours ago, monkeydave said:

wow no wonder they didnt want to change the puley on my yaris under warranty when you see the price, the "we cant pinpoint wher the noise is comming from" line covers themselves however short term thinking it may be

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/parts-results/Yaris/Belt-Pulley--Tensioner-Kits/180354

Repair cost is rarely an issue justifying the claim regularly is, unless there is already a technical service bulletin detailing a fault and how to fix Toyota will almost certainly hold the submitted claim for auditing at which point the auditor at Toyota's end will ask for justification/proof of the fault, photos of the failed part will usually suffice however you can't really photograph a noise so they will ask for a short video ( timed and date stamped to match the job card and technicians clocking, showing the car and then the defect ) as proof if the dealer cannot offer this then the claim would almost certainly be denied as unjustified and the dealer left out of pocket

i showed them lots of videos of the noise and it did the noise as i left the dealer, they could have had all the videos if they wanted just no excuse just becuase the noise goes away when the car is fully warmed up especially as the chief mechanic heared the noise when i left the car with them, it better not fail on the motorway

Just because you showed the dealer video evidence of the noise, doesn't mean that the dealer has the facility to record their own video and submit this to Toyota.

The first video you posted is very clear. You can hear the 'clickty-clank' sound and if you look carefully on the alternator pulley there is lateral movement like a 'wobble'. My car has virtually the same engine, 1.33 dual vvti. I have changed the serpintine belt which I posted sometime ago. I get no 'wobble' or lateral movement.

5 minutes ago, TAuris said:

The first video you posted is very clear. You can hear the 'clickty-clank' sound and if you look carefully on the alternator pulley there is lateral movement like a 'wobble'. My car has virtually the same engine, 1.33 dual vvti. I have changed the serpintine belt which I posted sometime ago. I get no 'wobble' or lateral movement.

that is the white strings on the side of the belt, it only looks like movement in real life it isnt really moving

19 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Just because you showed the dealer video evidence of the noise, doesn't mean that the dealer has the facility to record their own video and submit this to Toyota.

well how can they ever do warranty work of this type then?  and they expect me to pay £295 next service for a non existant warranty is laughable as they are not upholding their end of the bargain of i go for service on time and the car has a 5 year warranty on all faulty manufacturing parts especially in the first year

No matter what anyone says, it isn't going to alter your viewpoint. Try another Toyota dealer.

8 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

No matter what anyone says, it isn't going to alter your viewpoint. Try another Toyota dealer.

well this is what toyota themselves say:

"Every new Toyota passenger car comes with a five-year, 100,000-mile mechanical warranty. There’s no mileage limitation in year one and the warranty also covers any mechanical fault caused by a manufacturing defect. "

there is no other toyota dealers in my area so i will give them another go when im off work again and if it ends the same way i will have to get toyota themselves involved which i think they will not like as they will be loosing money with future servicing and new car purchases

I know you shouldn't be getting your hands dirty, I would remove the belt and start car to see if the fault is there.

1 minute ago, TAuris said:

I know you shouldn't be getting your hands dirty, I would remove the belt and start car to see if the fault is there.

i know it is defanately the spring tensioner that is the noise and i might end up just buying the part and fitting it myself  and then going to an independent garage next year for servicing

thanks

If it's fitted by a VAT registered garage and the part is faulty. You should be able to claim full cost from Toyota.

4 minutes ago, TAuris said:

If it's fitted by a VAT registered garage and the part is faulty. You should be able to claim full cost from Toyota.

thanks for the tip :)

15 minutes ago, TAuris said:

Fine for servicing but you cannot use anywhere other than a Toyota dealer if you want a repair paid for under warranty.

35 minutes ago, TAuris said:

Do you have a Lexus dealer near you?

no nothing they are all RRG the one i use is half a mile away and the others are 20 miles away and are RRG also

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links