Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Parts for Toyota carina 2 1989

Kev-o

Does anyone got a electric back windscreen wiper motor for sale could do with replacement as mine seems to be dead not working 

IMG_20170930_1152128.jpg

Edited by Kev-o

Is a corolla (more about?) suitable....

Plan B. Remove & compare on eBay (other *makes available)

oof! Just checked the MOT history :ohmy:... Respect for keeping it happening @200k m8

2sav

Tried eBay no joy car euro parts no joy car Auto spares no joy and I had the last shock absorbers for the front and back cost me over 482 quid and if you meant the mileage well she's done over 205k on the meter saved it from my mum which was going to be scrapped rust issues cost me over a grand to sort out on two mot's trying to restore but not doing well on Parts which is very frustrating scrap yards forget it I tried the biggest one in Dorset and no joy I guess my last chance is for fabrication 

Cheers for that...... Labour of Love, obvz :smile:

I got my dampers from Mick's Garage, Ireland.

Yes - parts - all of our year(s) Toyyo are broken and crated across the world :mellow:

I will guarantee* something has our wiper motor. Well (having googled) perhaps NOT!  Part No. 85110-20550

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Carina-II-T17-Wischermotor-hinten-85110-20550-159100-4153-/360874968373?hash=item5405d30535:g:oykAAMXQVT9TFyGx

http://www.varaosahaku.fi/fi-en/Search/Car-parts/Toyota/TOYOTA-CARINA/1988_1992/Spoilers-&-Wipers/Wiper-motor-rear-hatch/Rear/ID-28186343/OEM-85110-20550/

Googled it as a 'fault', have you?

I'm fortunate to be rust free/un hammered condition so I guess nothing will 'wear out' but may fail through 'old age'... Mind you they are carved from granite, quality wise :cool:

Keep us informed of developments + Welcome M8

2sav

Cheers will try Google again but sure won't get any joy I am hoping that the motor has seized and will attempt to try and strip and repair electric motor when I have the time I'm hoping it will work :p

Yes!!! Savvy you are a legend expensive but worth it looks like the right part you are the main man awesome she is near completed 

• Haha 1

You wouldn't know where I can get a electric sunroof motor by any chance would you I got no power going to it but might need a working motor for the sunroof would be a great help 

If you pop out the interior light cover you should be able to get a screwdriver into the slotted 'roof slide drive cog'.

Trying this...to see if you can get the roof to [literally] slide (turning one way) or tilt up (turning the other way) will assure you the 'spiral cable drives' are not rusted/gummied up.

My roof was fully working but the motor was slightly altering its tone (the straight 'whurrrrrr' of it going either way was a bit 'whurr-uhrr-uhrr-uhrrrrr') as if the the mech was tight :mellow:

I bought a tin of Poundland White Spraygrease and slathered the mech all along both sides... If you squint you will see the slot the transport arms slide along... In/out/up/down etc (engine running for good electric power!)

Vast improvement :wink:

2sav

Cheers my sunroof just half opened by itself for no reason and stopped on its own accord I have checked and the sunroof does open and closed okay but after that has happened not even the light is working anymore I had someone checked it with a multimeter and apparently there's no power going there to the motor or the light checked all the fuses and their fine but I have no power so don't know what's happen there 

If you take out the roof tilt/slide 'rocker switch' you will find all the cable connections plugged in - unless the guy with the multimeter did that? - to see if there is LIVE FEED but a fault across the actual switching action.

Strange the light is off.... a little switch in the light cover will rock light on / light off >> The light at the front is a 'map light'.

35709890792_9a8b092612.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supra-Cressida-Celica-4Runner-Camry-Corolla-Sun-Roof-Sunroof-Motor-OEM-/142449684755

..... the above is looking like you need (fits a lot of this cassette sunroof/toyota)

LINKKIE HERE:- to a forum with 'sunroof issues' Toyota.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/how-to-sun-roof-repair.260221/

2sav

.... if you look at 'all' the possible drive motor/gearbox options on Toyyo tilt/slide sunroof you will find some with the 'microswitches' on the casing. They are not for us as they control the 'automatic/self closing' sunroof operation >> ours is 'runs till it stops' on the rockerswitch :cool:

2sav

.... this is one with M'switches... not correct!

s-l1600.jpg

2sav

Nice I don't know if a Toyota corolla would be the ideal motor for my sunroof would it replace well? The live feed has been checked and no power from the lead itself really could do with a car electrician would've been handy about

Here shows the front of my Toyota don't know if you can see shine on the paint work it was in a matt colour I spent 150 pounds for a mop over Job to get the shine back the problem is there can be no more cut backs on the paint work other wise the primer would show up which has to waxed to keep shiny and protected over what's left of the paint on the body work I have now done 6 coatings of wax in total so far for protection the problem is if I want to have it all resprayed and the rust sorted out the cost would have been one thousand and five hundred pounds not including vat some major saving I need to do so hence forth wax on wax off to preserve what's left of the body work and save hard I guess

IMG_20171002_1139131.jpg

Ur motor is lovely mate. Had one exactly the same colour , and a red one also, I put nice we genuine toyota carina boot spoilers on both not the big spoiler as on the 2.0 Litre - but nice we ordinary one, really jazzed up the car, especially in white. Shop around for paint job quote. Maybe get it cheaper. But these were really lovely looking cars and still are. and I love them. Some back to black or similar on ur front spoiler and other black plastics brings them up well.

A word of caution to car owners hit and run scrape and scarper bad drivers are on the rise supermarkets car parks are the worse perpetrators I've had this part of the car scraped and dented by an orange car in a sainsburys car park in the area where there's no cctv coverage it happened a couple months ago it doesn't look as bad cause I have waxed and tried to make the best of the damage I must admit I went nuts round the sainsburys car park making a scene for myself I reckon that the best to have your car covered is to be around where your covered by cctv surveillance when parking in supermarket car parks lidls is also another place where know to have body works scraped by other bad inconsiderate drivers 

IMG_20171003_1433166.jpg

Here is the engine bay new exhaust pipes have been fitted in before I had them but unfortunately the mechanic has not properly fitted them in resulting to a blow out which I had sorted out plus the thread in the manifold has been done in by cross threading the bolt which results in where the thread will have to be restudded for at least 200 pounds for repairs when new exhausts are needed it's hard to find an enthusiastic mechanic these days that don't take short cuts on the job I'm hoping to degrease and make the engine bay look much cleaner and nicer when I get the time 

IMG_20171003_1436242.jpg

Great colour >> WHITE >> for working on an engine... You can see everything :laugh:

37521727452_97e3a5c5ac_c.jpg

The robust simplicity of the Toyota install is a masterclass of accessibility.... not a 'plastic cover'/color coded handle/lever anywhere.. Ha!

Getting a brand new 'front' exhaust section fitted @ ATS early next week. £125 all in, and he has promised 'all necessary adjustments' will be made to ensure a perfect fit - the rear section is a Toyota stock item so the flanges should slot together OK (heres hoping) :huh:

2sav

Nice engine bay loving it the exhausts my mum had sorted at that time were fabricated made to go in for the Toyota besides the bodge up job on not putting a sealant ring in one side of the exhaust and half bolted on cross threaded I hope all goes to plan for you 2sav I'm getting my back windscreen wiper motor installed and hopefully my sunroof motor sorted the week after at a Toyota garage I'm quite excited about it more ticks off the box for me on what's needed to be sorted and a very big thank you to you also for making it possible well pleased about it :p

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Late to the thread, but if you're looking for anything I've got a 16 GL on my drive that I'm using as a donor. If you want anything, drop me a line (here or my username at gmail) and I'll see if it's there and working.