Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hard wiring a Mobile Phone from a Brodit Pro Clip

RWaggers

I've just ordered a Brodit Pro Clip to mount a mobile phone in my Gen 4 Prius Business Edition Plus.  The Pro Clip fits to the centre air vent and the phone fixes to a Brodit Mount which is hard wired into the car.

Just on the off-chance, has anyone already done this?  I'm trying to figure out how to run a wire from the centre air vent to the car's fuse box.  Is it possible, for instance, to remove the air vent and run the cable through there?

My aim is to hide the cable between the mount and the fuse box.

TIA

655200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Brodit in my gen3 is on the A pillar, far easier to wire the cabling in over that side from experience.

Do they provide the A pillar option for the gen4?

No, there is only the one option - the air vent mount.  I'm guessing that it's something to do with the air bag.

I doubt it has anything to do with the airbag, as will mount similar to all other cars they sell the for the A pillar for. May just be because its still a fairly modern / new car and no demand to design it yet.

I know it's a totally different car but in my Auris you can remove the vents and there's enough space/flex in the connector to the duct behind to get a usb cable through and out of the airvent. 

On 10/14/2017 at 7:03 PM, Jezclax said:

I know it's a totally different car but in my Auris you can remove the vents and there's enough space/flex in the connector to the duct behind to get a usb cable through and out of the airvent. 

How do you remove the vent in your Auris?  I can't see any clips, or similar. on the Prius vent. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links