Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Map update

kochanski

Just updated my Touch2 maps and had to drive for about 90 minutes to do this. Does this update the software too? I now have a very different interface with various new options. Is there any PDF or file that explains the new interface? Or is it the usual guesswork from a major international company? Nice to have an update but why be confused by a completely new interface with nothing to guide the owner as to how to use it? HELP!!!! No indicationof how to stop guidance, though I notice there is an option to switch off sound. I'm left guessing. Surely some explanation is out there?

Whilst you're in the update mood,  why not update your profile from the 2011 Auris TR?

1 hour ago, kochanski said:

Just updated my Touch2 maps and had to drive for about 90 minutes to do this. Does this update the software too? I now have a very different interface with various new options. Is there any PDF or file that explains the new interface? Or is it the usual guesswork from a major international company? Nice to have an update but why be confused by a completely new interface with nothing to guide the owner as to how to use it? HELP!!!! No indicationof how to stop guidance, though I notice there is an option to switch off sound. I'm left guessing. Surely some explanation is out there?

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch2-with-go-receives-major-software-upgrade

I just got a new car with Touch 2 & Go  never having used it before. There should be a manual for the nav system available for download but I suggest that you simply spend 15-30 minutes going through the menu pages to familiarise yourself.

I agree that the "stop guidance" is not immediately obvious but there is a hexagonal Stop sign icon on 1 page & that seems to be the stop guidance command. I still wish that Toyota would bring back the pause guidance option that was available on the older TNS700 system but was not on Touch & Go & apparently isn't on Touch 2 with Go either.

16 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

I agree that the "stop guidance" is not immediately obvious but there is a hexagonal Stop sign icon on 1 page & that seems to be the stop guidance command.

To find this Stop sign simply press the "3 dots" icon in the bottom r/h corner on the main map screen. You will then be presented with ~5 icons of which the Stop is the extreme left in the top row on my car.

Manuals are available to view/download at MyToyota website, for the Nav there are two manuals one for early and one for later software versions

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links