Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry

Mad Cyril

Hi, a tried to get into my 2012 Rav this am using the keyless fob. Although the red light suggested it was working - nothing happened (I tried the spare as well). So I used the manual key which worked but the alarm does not deactivate. Basically I'm stuck, any help would be wonderful thanks.

Hi, I have had trouble with the alarm fob on my old Rav... when the batterys start getting low in the fob you can lock the car/activate the alarm; but when you come back their is just not enough power left to deactivate the alarm.  Make sure the fob has good batterys, then re-sync with the vehicle alarm processor... normally done by holding down a couple of fob buttons for a few seconds (google details of how to do this, as I can't remember the button push'es just now).  Hopefully this will deactivate your alarm and you will be good to go...

Yes when the batteries are low and the weather cools it does for the batteries. 

To start the car hold the key fob over the start button to switch on the ignition. 

Hi, I changed the batteries in both my key fobs (Rav 2012) and I did it quickly incase the intelligence part of the key remembers 'things' and I didn't have to hold any buttons down afterwards. I took the cover off beforehand to get the 'CR' number. Dave could well be correct, perhaps I was just lucky, lol, Mike.