Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Boot

greenday_keli

Hi,

So I've have my Aygo for the past 3 years....and the last month or so I've noticed it's getting harder and harder to depress the boot button, and the last week I had to get my other half to open the boot for me :(

Then on Sunday....nothing. I got my button to depress...but all I got was a click, it didn't open the boot. It's like it's broken away from the mechanism.

Has anyone else had this problem with the boot? It's booked in with Toyota for a 'check' but then I got the spiel of 'we'd have to check with Toyota HQ if that's something covered under the warranty'. What?! I can't be blamed for this, surely?

I'm well aware that the car is plasticy/tin-ey even. Coming from a Smart For2, I'm actually quite disappointed in the tin'iness of the Aygo. But I got the extra two doors, the isofix'ings and just as economical on fuel, but I wanted a car that felt as well made as the beloved smart (ok, it was cheap, but it was German also, so I got 11 good years out of that car - and I was expecting as many years out of this car too...).

It should be covered under warranty. I had the same symptoms with my car though it didn't quite go as far as failing before my local dealer replaced it for a new 'improved' part. 

• Like 1

Hi Kamilb,

thanks for the reply, at least I know it's not just me anyway. You say you got a new 'improved part', was that just the spiel they gave, or did they say this old part was faulty, so Toyota went away and made this to replace it?

:biggrin:

I have a 2016 Toyota Aygo (for less than 1,5 year) and noticed that it is getting tricky to press the button and open the boot door - it is still working though! I will have it checked during the next service and see if an adjustment or a replacement is required.

When I reported my symptoms, I was informed that it's a known fault and there is a 'revised' latch to fix this. It has by far outlasted the original so I imagine it was modified in one way or another. 

The same issue affects the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 108. A colleague of my wife, has recently had a similar  issue repaired under warranty on her 2015 C1.

As regards checking whether the issue is covered under warranty, obviously the dealer needs to check whether it is as a result of a manufacturing fault - the same with any dealer/manufacturer unless the dealer has come across the issue before.

• 7 months later...

So everyone who replied, sorry I never got back. Toyota replaced the boot button, no issue. Then 3 weeks later someone rear ended me. So ended up with new button again anyway!! Hahaha. Oh my days 😬😌

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links