Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One for the Geeky anoraks

///MAZI

If currently have a 2015 Yaris D4D Icon and the skinny tyres annoy me compared to our previous 2011 (last of the old shape) D4D T Spirit.

I am able to buy a cheap doner car which is a 2011 1.33vvti SR. I plan to swap the privacy glass, larger 16" wheels with 195 tyres and sat nav.

How do I go about swapping the NAV? Both cars appear to have the same screen but mine doesnt have the NAV function enabled. Is this easily doable or a ball ache?? Can I just swap the screen and head unit complete or is their a seperate DVD Nav drive? or Nav Module? Aerial??

Do you need to update your profile as it says that you have a 2010 Yaris D4D?

The older car will have a Nav system that is at least 1 if not 2 generations old & if you werer to swap the head unit in it's entirety you would lose DAB (assuming that your current car has it).

Honestly, I would just use a smartphone & Google Maps/Waze etc. instead - it will be cheaper & more up to date & map updates are free.

Yes I need to update my profile. My 2015 D4D Icon does not have DAB radio which is strange as I thought it was standard according to some roads tests. The 2011 SR has a smaller screen unit bby the looks of it which may mean the NAV is not compatible?

Does your 2015 have Touch 2? If so you can buy the nav module separately which plugs into the back of the head unit - often to be found s/h on eBay etc.

Whilst the wider larger 16" will fit you will have to take care when using full lock as the cars with 16" wheels have a different steering rack to reduce the allowed steering lock compared to the 15" wheel models model 

8 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Does your 2015 have Touch 2? If so you can buy the nav module separately which plugs into the back of the head unit - often to be found s/h on ebay etc.

How do I know if I have touch2? 

It has large screen with bluetooth and music streaming??

3 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Whilst the wider larger 16" will fit you will have to take care when using full lock as the cars with 16" wheels have a different steering rack to reduce the allowed steering lock compared to the 15" wheel models model 

Really??? Are you sure?!?!

38 minutes ago, ///MAZI said:

http://telematicsnews.info/2014/07/17/harman-supplies-go-navi-module-for-toyota-touch-2-in-yaris_ju5172/

If Devon Aygo says so it very probably is, he works on the service/warranty side for a dealer.

This is what I have but no nav or DAB.

OK.......My 2015 Icon has Touch2 and the doner car 2011 SR has Touch1.

Does this mean the NAV module or gubbins are not compatible with touch2?

I would have thought so (I don't know if anybody has ever tried).

22 hours ago, ///MAZI said:

Really??? Are you sure?!?!

Yes that is why the cars with 16" have a larger turning circle than cars with 15" wheels the rack is different to reduce the allowable wheel angle to prevent arch fouling

Also the nav module from a Touch 1 car is not compatible with a Touch 2 car

Thanks. I cannot live with the 175 section tyres on the D4D as the car is borderline dangerous at high speed.

Can the arch fouling be sorted with spacers?

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys. SR conversion is complete and no arch fouling.

I have swapped the 1/2 leather interior, wheels and privacy glass although need to wait until next week to get rear screen done from the windscreen guy,.