Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Door Mirror Glass...Retro fit

Exvec

In relation to this post..i thought i would start a new thread.So after having my rh door mirror demolished by some kind person i have now fixed it with some stick on replacement mirror glass from Ebay.I noticed that the glass had wires for heated mirrors so after i reconnected the wires i thought i would test with a multimeter.The mirror  heaters are supposed to activate when the heated rear window  switch is pressed am i right in saying,but there was nothing on the meter,anyway my first thought was fuse,so i located the location of said fuse and guess what there wasn't any ,odd i thought so popped a 10 amp fuse in there and to my surprise it is not wired in at the fuse at all.So why go to the lengths of fitting mirror glass which has the heating elements and not do the actual wiring bit itself.

??Any way my question is now can this option be retro fitted /wired into the fuse box to make this option work or is it a dead duck.

The car btw is an 06 plate T25 D4D diesel with 1CD FTV Engine.

Not too sure about this but the heater type switch to the right of the steering wheel where the headlights levelling knob is would that be linked to the mirrors? 

No thats a separate heating system which is only available in models sold in colder countries,it's just a switch that lights up for nothing to be honest.

23 hours ago, Exvec said:

.I noticed that the glass had wires for heated mirrors so after i reconnected the wires i thought i would test with a multimeter.The mirror  heaters are supposed to activate when the heated rear window  switch is pressed am i right in saying,but there was nothing on the meter,anyway my first thought was fuse,so i located the location of said fuse and guess what there wasn't any ,odd i thought so popped a 10 amp fuse in there and to my surprise it is not wired in at the fuse at all.So why go to the lengths of fitting mirror glass which has the heating elements and not do the actual wiring bit itself.

??Any way my question is now can this option be retro fitted /wired into the fuse box to make this option work or is it a dead duck.

The car btw is an 06 plate T25 D4D diesel with 1CD FTV Engine.

It's probably cheaper to just produce/stock that 1 part than 1 with & 1 withou wires.

Yes, on all my Avensis (incl. my 57 plate T25 TR) the heated mirrors came on when the rear demister switch was on.

I am surprised that the harness isn't standard too though (obviously not fitting the fuse would be an easy way to enable/disable the feature between trims).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Exvec said:

No thats a separate heating system which is only available in models sold in colder countries,it's just a switch that lights up for nothing to be honest.

I think he was talking about this switch

s-l225.jpg.bbccc5e39a7b7cfcfe2078f49d802625.jpg

If your car has it, then side mirror heaters are turned on by this. If not, then by rear window defogger switch.

13 minutes ago, ents said:

I think he was talking about this switch

s-l225.jpg.bbccc5e39a7b7cfcfe2078f49d802625.jpg

If your car has it, then side mirror heaters are turned on by this. If not, then by rear window defogger switch.

Are you sure about that? I have that switch (actually the T22 one (84790-20540(SWITCH, FR wiper DEICER))) and I rarely use it, nevertheless the water on my mirrors disappear after a while when I turn on the rear window defogger.

I don't know about T22, but T25 Avensis sidemirror heaters are originaly wired one of two ways.

Then the car has front wiper deicer, sidemirror heaters are wired to its switch.

If not equipped with front wiper deicer, sidemirror heaters are wired to rear window defogger.

All other way wiring is probably done by dealers etc.

22 hours ago, Exvec said:

It's strange why they would go to the bother of wiring and fusing that and not to the mirrors? 

Right well i'm going to see if i can get a wiring loom for the Heated Door Mirrors,surely it cant be that hard to do.?Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the T25.