Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

*ATTENTION* Previa owners.

Phil White

Hello please can you help me if you own a 2000 to 2004 Previa.

I need to know where the rear fog lamp switch is located as we have a 2004 Estima import and want to wire the rear fog lamp independent of the front as our rear fog lamp is operated by the front fog lamp switch on the headlamp switch.

Thank you.

?....clearly there isn't a separate rear fog light switch. (not required in Japan)

I assume that's been done since it's been in the UK.?...usually, like my Estima, the rear fog lamp is a totally separate unit, additionally fitted after import simply to meet with UK MOT regs.

It's then simply wired through to a new switch on the dash....my switch is mounted in the panel that contains the mirror adjustment switches. (driver's right knee)

Yes it meets the MOT requirements but it would have been nice to have the tell tale lamp on the dashboard working as i can see the symbol for it on the panel in the facia in front of the steering wheel but when i removed the panel and put a bulb in the correct slot it does not illuminate when the fog lamps are operated.

Oh well just a thought.

.?...so are you saying that you get no dashlight/indication when ANY of your fog lights are switched on.?...front or rear.

11 hours ago, RUToyota said:

.?...so are you saying that you get no dashlight/indication when ANY of your fog lights are switched on.?...front or rear.

That is correct but in the MOT testers manual it is acceptable for a coloured marker to appear when you turn the fog lamp switch on as this an an acceptable tell tale warning indicator.

So what i did was apply a bit of orange paint to be visible when the switch is operated.

Fair enough...but perhaps you simply have a "duff" switch.?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links