Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to remove nut fastener clip (90189-06157)

perdaniel

I have finally found a set of second hand left front door hinges for my '01, and are trying to replace the worn ones. To do that I have to remove the front wing (fender), but I have trouble removing the "clips" (90189-06157) that the screws that go through the mudguard (76622-05020) are screwed into. I have the workshop manuals for the car (RM599, RM698, RM781 etc), but I can't find anything about this procedure. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Do you need a special tool to remove the "clips"? Is there a DIY solution?

Removing these clips (undamaged) is only possible if you can effectively get behind the flange to depress the tangs which hold them in place. They really aren't designed to be removed. If you need to replace them,  just drill them out. But remember they fit into a square hole so a drill should only be used to weaken the clip to the point that they will split using pliers or a chisel. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gazza1286 said:

Removing these clips (undamaged) is only possible if you can effectively get behind the flange to depress the tangs which hold them in place. They really aren't designed to be removed. If you need to replace them,  just drill them out. But remember they fit into a square hole so a drill should only be used to weaken the clip to the point that they will split using pliers or a chisel. 

Thanks! I'll buy new ones on eBay then.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links