Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michelin Cross Climate Tyre

Steve Whits

I had Cross Climates fitted to my previous Ford Focus and found them to be excellent all year round but especially in snow and am thinking of getting some fitted to my hybrid.

Has anyone got them fitted to a hybrid and if so how have you got on with them as automatics can be difficult in snow and additionally did you notice any difference in fuel consumption or any other comments would be gratefully received

i have cross climates on my IS300h ,i've had them since june 2016 absolutely fine no issues

they seem to grip really well in wet weather and dont forget the IS is rear wheel drive

the tyres give confidence knowing you wont be having your rear end stepping out,

fortunately i have a snow button in the car so this will help limit any slip i get in snowy conditions

the button is not something i have had to press as of yet so dont know how well it works.

I drove past loads of stranded cars in the snow a couple of years ago just after I had them fitted to my Focus so I do know how good they are. I was just interested to know if anyone has them on an Auris hybrid but thanks for the info.

12 hours ago, Steve Whits said:

Has anyone got them fitted to a hybrid and if so how have you got on with them as automatics can be difficult in snow

i commented as you asked if anyone had CC's fitted to a hybrid which i do  thats why i left a post

I have them on my Auris hybrid. There are good tires. No problems on the snow. Maybe on the wet they could be better. But it is hard to say. I fitted them on the first month as I bought the car, so I can't compare with other tyres.

• 1 month later...

Hi, to answer Steve Whits' question, I have CrossClimates on my Auris Excel Hybrid, but I only had them fitted at the end of August, so experience as yet in snow.   They do feel surefooted though and are good in wet weather.   The jury's still out on fuel consumption though:  I have noticed a drop in MPG from mid-50s to high 40s, but that also coincides with my running the car in Normal mode rather than Eco mode, so the tyres may not be to blame for that.   I am now back to Eco mode so I'll see if that makes any difference.